Toyz drags the Hussy!!! GTO's FTMFW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyz drags the Hussy!!! GTO's FTMFW!!

Here's what we did on Friday night, good times! Quarter Aces dragway down in Carlisle PA. Kyle got to race alongside the star of the entire evening, and even got an autographed poster from the guy.

After the race, the announcer was raving for about a minute on how good the Hussy performed, and how impressed he was with the speed on these new GTOs, and wow it must still get like 20 mpg, yadda yadda. Toyz definitely got plenty of props and lived up to his name!!

Official time was 8.69 seconds for the eighth-mile, which is excellent expecially considering it was the first time Kyle dragged the Hussy. Great showing Kyle!

Here's the official race vid:

This is the star car he raced alongside:

The two of them just before launching

Getting up to the line

The jitters!!

? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
    ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
    ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
    ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
    ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Re: Toyz drags the Hussy!!! GTO's FTMFW!!

Your Goat looks completely badass there Kyle. I love the shot with it next to the 'classic' Goat!!! That's amazing
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

how much of a headstart did that 66 give you???

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Now I wish I would have done that. Oh well the show was a lot of fun too. accept for the sun burn from hell I'll post some pics then too.
        Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

A few other vids from that night

Chevette from screamin hell

? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
          ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
          ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
          ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
          ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

Did the autographed photo look like this?

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Very cool pics n vids!!!!

That's so awesome Kyle got to play with an older goat! Good going man!

Originally posted by acxdarlene
              no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

that's an 8th mile right? doesnt look remotely long enough to be a quarter... what kind of times did you get? you were only shooting for a 9.5? you have the 6.0 right? shouldnt you be getting closer to like a 9.2? i mean i can usually take a goat till about 1/16th but they catch up by the 1/8th... looks like it was a lot of fun, some sweet cars

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                  that's an 8th mile right? doesnt look remotely long enough to be a quarter... what kind of times did you get? you were only shooting for a 9.5? you have the 6.0 right? shouldnt you be getting closer to like a 9.2? i mean i can usually take a goat till about 1/16th but they catch up by the 1/8th... looks like it was a lot of fun, some sweet cars
                  Yea it was the 8th and that was his second pass ever....
                  Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Saaaaweeeeet!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

yeah but he drives it like its stolen anyway =P
                      what elevation you guys at? wish i could run 1/8th miles... i would actually win races

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Thank Ben! Great pix and vid! I appreciate it!

I ran an 8.89 @82.XXX MPH

I put 9.5 as for a time, cause i as well as the Hussy, have never been down the track before. My buddy with the black GTO ran 9.5 his first run and a 9.6 the second run.. Figured i would put that?? Didnt see a problem with it, specially being i never went down the strip before and just installed a new clutch and unfamiliar with it..

Pooners, i have been told i had about a 3 sec lead on the 66
                        And yes, a poster just like pictured

Thanks for the kind words guys! I was very happy with my second (last) run of the night. I will post a slip tomorrow when i get to my scanner at work.

Side note, from what Ben and my other friends told me, i really impressed the guy announcing

It was fun!
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                          yeah but he drives it like its stolen anyway =P
                          what elevation you guys at? wish i could run 1/8th miles... i would actually win races
                          Looks to be around 500 ft.
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

good job on the race, just looking at the older goat sure bring memorys back when i had mine 1966 GTO i am still an old goat lol
                            sigpic
                            Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                            It takes years to become a member of this elite group
                            K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

Time slips:

First run i stalled at the tree.. First time ever taking her down the strip and only had about 150 miles on the new clutch...

Second run (bens video) i was much happier with But i still bogged a little.. I guess i have to get a little more rpm for the launches.

Comment

Working...
                              X