One thing after another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing after another

Well it started off with the moon roof leaking the second time. The dealer reconnected the drain tubes and replaced the carpet (it was ruined and stunk from all the leakage). I asked them to test drive the car before they returned it as the tranny grinds between 1st, 2nd and 3rd (6 speed mannual). They told me they test drove it and everything was fine. I picked it up late in the evening after the service dept closed. The tranny didn't shift right, the shiffer was binding, when you took it out of reverse it just sat there and it was tough to find 3rd at all. I took it back the next day and had a one on one, face to face discussion with the service manager who walked out to the car, tried the shifter and told me that when the tech replaced the carpet he didn't cut a hole in the carpet correctly and the shifter cable was binding. They took the car back, fixed the carpet/shifter cable and put a friction reducer in the tanny fluid. That was 1 week ago.

Today I went to the store and when I parked my car it wouldn't go into neutral. I could get the key out but I don't have neutral. Needless to say the car goes back to the dealer tomorrow. I only have 5800 miles on it. Any one else have the problem with not being able to get into neutral?
    Silver G6 GTP Coupe

Wow, no i dont have a sun roof nor a stick. What do you mean you have no neutral? Will the actual stick sit in neutral position but the tranny is still in gear? Can you tell what gear it seems to be in? Its a shame that you are having so much trouble with your G6
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

that sucks man. Auto all the way for me. As for the sunroof, keep an eye out for that. Those tubes pop off very easily. I used clamps on mine to make sure they'd stay on.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The 6 speeds seem real touch and go, some people it is great and others not so... I heard synthetic fluid helps...?
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I have the grinding issue, I swiched to Royal Purple Max Gear 70W90, which is their GL4 replacment and slowly the tranny is getting better grinding less and less.

As for your other issues no problem here.
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

push the clutch in

no but that really sucks

Comment

Sucks for sure. Sorry to hear about your problems.
              I'm starting to have a minor issue with mine now, but its not a big deal to me...however when the car goes in for an oil change I'm gonna have them check it out.

Its just going from 2nd to 3rd...and normally I wouldn't complain but considering most 6speed owners are having issues, I am going to.
              2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

^Funny thing Nikki. With the 33*C days we're having right now, my tranny is smooth as silk. I'm one of the people that complained about it.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Hah yeah...its not bad and it doesn't cause any problems, just annoying.

I also have this weird steering issue...or something. Its ONLY when turning left and its not a clunking sound, its more of a creaking sound...its hard to explain but its definitely not normal.

So the car will be going into service when I get the chance
                  2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

I'm hearing a creeking sound as well... I'll check to see if it's only one way or both.. I hear it alot when backing up.

Also, can someone put down there rear seats (if need be) and see if the rear brakes are making a funny noise... mine are
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
                      I'm hearing a creeking sound as well... I'll check to see if it's only one way or both.. I hear it alot when backing up.

Also, can someone put down there rear seats (if need be) and see if the rear brakes are making a funny noise... mine are
                      I dont recall having any noises pertaining to the brakes, plenty of other noises, just non from the brakes :smoke:
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                        Sucks for sure. Sorry to hear about your problems.
                        I'm starting to have a minor issue with mine now, but its not a big deal to me...however when the car goes in for an oil change I'm gonna have them check it out.

Its just going from 2nd to 3rd...and normally I wouldn't complain but considering most 6speed owners are having issues, I am going to.
                        My issue was that my shifter cable broke. Being stuck in a turning lane is no fun.
                        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Well I got it back from the dealer. It seems that the tech screwed up the linkage when he fixed the orginal problem he created when he installed the new carpet. Needless to say I let the sevice manger know what I thought of the quality of the service they provided.

I have since spoken to the the customer assistance folks and EXPECT to be speaking to the district manger tomorrow. It has been raining cats and dogs today and is supposed to be that way over the weekend so we'll see if the sunroof says fixed.

On the up side, the transmission additive seems to be working some what. While the shifting is still notchy and I still get that "clunk" noise when I shift into 3rd, the grinding sensation is starting to become less pronounced
                          Silver G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

That really sucks man. I can't believe you're having so much trouble with your G6. I haven't had any problems with the sunroof or 6MT.

You should follow Jules' lead and get ahold of the mayor!
                            ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                              That really sucks man. I can't believe you're having so much trouble with your G6. I haven't had any problems with the sunroof or 6MT.

You should follow Jules' lead and get ahold of the mayor!

How did you break your shifter cable?
                              Silver G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X