Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloth Upholstry... most of you have leather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Upholstry... most of you have leather!

I was looking through the car the other day and saw that there are some places in the back and on my drivers' door where my black upholstry has spots where it looks like either dirty water or chocolate milk was spilled and stained that area. I wasn't sure if I could just use a carpet cleaner on it? I'm not sure if it will do anything, but its probably worth a try. I don't want what happened to my micro-suede couches to take place... I cleaned with the cleaner (it was for fabric/upholstry and carpet all in one) and it left rings. Now I have to get the stupid things professionally cleaned. Oh well, I paid enough for them to pay like $100 to have them fully cleaned. Anyway, I was just wondering what to do. I am such an OCD clean freak its BUGGING ME! But I want to do the right thing. Thanks!!!

*2008* *Black on Black* *GT Coupe*

Re: Cloth Upholstry... most of you have leather!

I got one of the Turtle Wax carpet cleaners (the aerosol ones with the brush on it), didn't do that much. I'm looking for better ways to clean my interior too.

(BTW, your purple text is really hard to read...)
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I used some upholstry cleaner with the brush thing as well as tuff stuff. Both seem to do the trick on some nasty stuff i found on the side of my seat.

Comment

i usualy put a blanket down when i have kiddies in the car, this way you avoid the whole thing. THe one mess(chocolatemilk) i did have, I just used my cuz's bissel and her caprpet shampoo. It seem to do the trick.

Comment

Keep a flyswatter in the front seat. Apply liberally to the face of the offending youngster.

It worked for me, what can I say?
          "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
          ~~GWAR's description of Hell
          Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
            I got one of the Turtle Wax carpet cleaners (the aerosol ones with the brush on it), didn't do that much. I'm looking for better ways to clean my interior too.

(BTW, your purple text is really hard to read...)
            I have the same thing youre talking about I think.

I use this stuff and it removes a majority of the stains for me. If it comes down to it, just borrow a steam cleaner from someone you know or AA rents. After you get the stain out I would suggest keeping a can of this stuff in your can.
            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

303 carpet/upholstery or the fabric cleaner, you'll be hard pressed to find anything better than that. Course I just usually use an extractor.

Comment

Thanks guys. Lots of good ideas. The stains were there when I bought the car... it was a fleet vehicle that I got through one of the dealerships in my group. I couldn't pass it up! But like I said, I'm in the process of making it "my own" and first step is to get it really clean.

Sorry about the purple text, I just wanted to look cool you know. I have the light background and I didn't even think about what it would look like on the dark ones.

Comment

When I say the stains were there... I lied. I babysat for my friend's two year old when I was "test-driving" the car for the week they let me tool around in it. Thats where I got the chocolate milk idea!

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Well it looks fine because on my preferences I have a white background for all the posts. I've only ran a few red lights in my time. I guess I will just have to tell the cop I'm color blind! Probably no excuse because we should all know which light is where on a stoplight.

Comment

I have the same problem with OCD. There's two spots on my rear seats, my cousin spilled some coffee on two weeks ago. Tomorrow's my day off so it's getting a bath and interior grooming tomorrow . I also gotta call MSD since they haven't answered any e-mail about my broken DashHawk....
                          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                          2005 CGM GTO.
                          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Make your damn cousin clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                              Make your damn cousin clean it.
                              Well techniqually he was holding the iced coffee I got for my mom I was bringing home.... since my other cousin and me in the front had our own drinks and he didn't want anything.

However... the WEEK AFTER I got my car I drove him, my other cousin and my aunt to Rhode Island for vacation, And he left this zipper like cooler bag UPSIDE DOWN on the floor the whole way. WITH ICE IN IT. It was soaking wet when we got out and he finally noticed. THAT I made him clean and dry out with a hairdryer my sister brought up with her.
                              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                              2005 CGM GTO.
                              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
                              X