Meguiars Gold Class VS NXT 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Gold Class VS NXT 2.0

Well, I was bored and I wanted to see what was the best bang for my buck. It was a really hard decsion, a decision which I cant really declare a winner for this, atleast for the moment. I guess what it will come down to is durability of the waxs.
    I applied both waxes and let them both cure for the same ammount of time, I let them sit for about 30 mins each and buff it with a Porter Cable Buffer at setting 4, Each side had its own bonnet when I did it as well.

Overall the Gold Class wax came off a bit faster with little residue left over while the Nxt 2.0 had some residue left over.

[/\ Nxt 2.0]

[/\ Gold Class]

I poured some water on each side as well just to see how each worked when it came to reppeling the watter, both did a great job.

[Gold /\ ]

[Nxt 2.0 ]

My Final conclusion

Overall both products are great waxes. The Gold class has a very nice smell to it,while NXT had somewhat different smell to it.
    The Gold class was alot more easier to buff off while the NXT took a couple more pass overs with the buffer
    I did however notiec the left side which I used nxt on had a little bit less of the swirl marks and scratches for some reason. Im going to do some asking around and see why that happend.

Overall it just depends what you like the smell or the price.
    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Re: Meguiars Gold Class VS NXT 2.0

i used the nxt 2.0 yesterday, and overall am happy with it ( sorry no pics). as far as swirls marks, silver car hard to spot, it did however take alittle longer wit the buffer and had to go back and hand wipe some areas off. i havent used the gold class yet so i cant compare to it, but teh nxt is way better than the eagle one stuff that i was using, and 100 times better than the liquid ice crap, that stuff is good for about an hour then it comes off it seems.

good test though

Comment

ha ha, just noticed the stripe left by the tape, that looks kinda cool

Comment

Looks like you applied the 2.0 too thick, so that would have been a little harder to remove. But nice test, great results.

Comment

Thats what im thinking too but the only complaint is there was residue left over, could that be a result of applying to much 2.0?

Comment

Yeah residue is mainly caused by applying the product too thick, and/or not letting it cure long enough. Obviously if it is on thicker it will take longer to cure, try letting it cure for an hour next time. You could leave it on there for 12 hours and it will still come off easy so don't worry about it baking on there, NXT is notorious for having longer cure times. NXT took at least an hour, usually more but 2.0 while does cure a lot quicker still isn't as quick as they claim. Temp and humidity will have a play also, just try the swipe test next time and if it looks anything but completely clean give it more time.

For what it's worth I don't even come back to look at it until an hour has passed.

Oh and as for why there was less swirls, GC doesn't have any hiding ability. NXT has some filling properties to hide away swirls as it's mostly polymer based, GC has none as it's a blend and carnaubas usually have next to zero defect concealing.

Now you get the test the real fun part... durability.

Comment

So how is the durability between the two coming along?
              My Car Domain
              Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Both are holding up pretty well actually, It rained the other day and both waxes repelled the water off the hood with no problem

I ran my finger over both sides as well and the nxt 2.0 is alot more slicker than the gold class, so it looks like the NXT is a good buy when it comes to durability.

Comment

For durability synthetic > natural blend. Easily.

You want something fun to do, try nxt 2.0 vs nxt 2.0 topped with gold class.

Or try out polycharger and open a whole new world.

Comment

I heard about poly charger, but i have no idea what it is. Care to explain?! I need another excuse to spend more money.

Comment

Just an additive you put into wax, it's similar to adding hardener to resin... makes the wax far more durable and it increases it's bond. You mix some up and have to use it within 24-48 hours otherwise it becomes rock hard. Pretty amazing results from it.

Comment

i think the tape marks were pretty cool. i picked up nxt 2.0 this year and applied it after i clayed my car thought the finish came out incredible. i need to get me a da buffer
                        Current Mods : 7 color LED under dash/ seats, integration solutions I pod Adapter, 2 Powerbass PS-12 subs powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2200.

Next on the list an intake..

Comment

Nice test. In house side by side FTW!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

honestly, my eyes can't tell a difference.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Interfire's got the ticket for a dark colored car. Gold Class on top of NXT. It doesn't make a lot of difference with a white car like mine. The NXT shines up well on dark colors and the Gold Class gives it a deep rich glow. For the best shine on all colors you need to get rid of the swirls first with something like Scratch-X or one of the Mirror Glaze glazes, then polish, wax.

I've been doing this on my vehicles:

Wash
                              Clay
                              Cleaner
                              Glaze/Scratch-X if it needs it
                              Polish x 2
                              Wax x 2
                              CRAB CAB Intake, Orange Dart Overlays, Orange Calipers, VMS 93 Tune
                              Soon to come: GT-R exhaust, Orange GXP Overlays

Comment

Working...
                              X