Throttle Body Spacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body Spacer?

I couldnt find any one bring this up before, but what dose anyone thing about a throttle body spacer for the 3.9L? Do you think this would make any diffrence, and I havent taken my TB off or really looked at it and it theres room, mybe can make our own? Beacuse my Gf has a 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L and she want one cuz suposivly dino's in like 7HP and 6Lb of torque at the wheels and like 118 dollars and think I can make that esp for 118 dollars with a whole shop I have. What dose anyone else thin about this?.........
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

I put a TB Spacer on my Jeep and it wasnt worth it really. New headers and exhuast did the trick. 118 is alot for a TB spacer. I payed like 65 I think. I think you could make one easy. Block of alum. mill a hole in it. Some have a riffled inside. Some dont.
    Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

yeah i have one of those paperweights on my jimmy i think....can't remember if i took it off or not. they are pretty much useless. the TBI guys claimed they did something if i remember, but not much even for them.

Comment

Waste of money

I do run one though, but its only there to to spray my allky injection.

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

Originally posted by BlownGP
          Waste of money

I do run one though, but its only there to to spray my allky injection.
          Agreed!
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

x2

save your energy (and cash) for somethin better.
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Give your money to a much better cause. Donate it to a good charity. The spacer is worthless on this application.

Comment

Spacer

I asked RSM Racing about the idea of a spacer such as I had on my V8 and was told that there isn't enough space on the G6 between the throttle body and the electrical box to allow for one big enough to be of any horse power/torque gain.
                GTP driver
                G. Stephen Day

Comment

I didnt really think a piece of meatle pushing the TB out would/could make a diffence. I had TBI injection on my thunderbird and I rose theat like an extra 2inchs in the air cuz I had a cowl hood and room and you felt a lil diffrence but never dino'ed it but TBI is TOTALLY diffrenct from out TB and SFI, so didnt think it would make a diffrence, thanks saved me money before I got or made on for my GF's jeep and played around with it on the G6!
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                    I didnt really think a piece of meatle pushing the TB out would/could make a diffence. I had TBI injection on my thunderbird and I rose theat like an extra 2inchs in the air cuz I had a cowl hood and room and you felt a lil diffrence but never dino'ed it but TBI is TOTALLY diffrenct from out TB and SFI, so didnt think it would make a diffrence, thanks saved me money before I got or made on for my GF's jeep and played around with it on the G6!
                    In theory, it should work. It keeps the hot intake manifold from the TB.
                    But with still being close to the intake and exhaust manifolds.
                    The performance gains are probley close to none.

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

Working...
                    X