Which one is "better"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is "better"?

I know there's tons of topics discussing this issue but I figured I'd see if I could get opinions without having to comb the searches.

Ok, honest opinions. I'm gonna fill my trunk with some detailing products and I was just curious what thoughts everyone had. I would obviously prefer to stick with one brand rather than having multiple brands so I've decided to go with either meguiars or mothers so which do you guys prefer and if you feel like it, describe why.

Thanx guys
    Mothers?
    0.00%
    Meguiars?
    100.00%
    <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Re: Which one is &quot;better&quot;?

I have never used Mothers but I'm quite impressed with Meguiars so that's where my vote goes.

Comment

I've got a handful of Mother's stuff and like it but Megs is great stuff so.............

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
        I've got a handful of Mother's stuff and like it but Megs is great stuff so.............
        IDK, I've used both brands in time. I'm not a die hard like I used to be. My car hasn't been waxed (by me) even once since I bought it back in 05, whereas on my last car I waxed it once every 3 months.

In any case, I do know mothers has some products megs doesn't (that I know of), such as their plastic polish.

But I also know megs waxes smell REALLY good.
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

i use meguiars clay, paint cleaner, scratch x, polish and wax, but i also use mothers for the plastic trims(back to black) and for the chrome part of my rims i use mothers chrome polish
          A whole lot of mods and a freakin lesbo after me....
          Originally posted by 08blackgt
          hahaha i fukin love Darlene

Comment

As a whole... Meg's has a bigger line and has more enthusiast products so it's not really a fair comparison. As far as ots products go, it's going to count a lot on the person using it. The first thing I will tell you though, is you will not find everything from one line to be superior when compared to others. No one makes the best everything.

But I guess to put it how you want it, I have had better results with Megs than Mothers. Also doesn't help that Mothers doesn't really have a professional line so that does it for me.

Comment

My stuff includes mixed brands, but I do have Meguiar's and Mother's stuff.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

never used meguire's but i love my mothers...

but as far as wax goes i stick to my turtle wax =D

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

So basically like you guys were saying, neither one is technically "better"? lol

I think I'm gonna buy mostly Megs products. I was using Turtle Wax "Ice" which looked good for a day and took nearly as long to apply lol
                  <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

I do have to say Meguiars, the consumer stuff is great but the professional stuff takes it to a whole new level, im not that pleased with the new Nxt 2.0 because for me it leaves streaks behind and they do not to come out regardless of how much I buff. I recently bought a PC buffer and with that and the professional line you can almost get a mirror like finish. The tip for me is just mainting the look after all that work,

Mothers is alright but stores dont carry that much stuff, atleast in my town. Its mostl the clay bar (which is shite).

Each one has its plus's but meguiars has just alot more.
                    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Hey Ed!
                      Count me in as a Meguiar's guy! I keep a box of their stuff in my trunk and I must say their waxes make my car look amazing! I just clayed my car for the first time this past weekend with their clay. Great stuff! Makes the paint surface feel as smooth as glass!

Jeff

OnStar / XM Satellite Radio / Monsoon Sound System / Sun Roof / GM Custom Floor Mats / GM Molded Splash Guards / Factory Wings Spoiler / Formula One Pinnacle 35 % Window Tinting / Chrome Recessed Upper & Lower Front Grilles / Gas Bib / Debadged Doors & Trunk / "GT" Interior Door Badges / "Pontiac" Dashboard Badge / GrafxWerks Door Reflector Overlays

Comment

I use mainly Meg's stuff. I did use the Mother's Mag Polish, and it works, but I prefer Meg's NXT All Metal Polysh. They work about the same but the Meg's stuff smells a lot nicer.

Comment

I bought the Megs clay bar kit and NXT 2.0 wax. Unfortunetly it's been raining pretty much every day when i have the energy to clean the car. I'll get to use my clay soon enough I hope lol
                          <----Got a red 6?

Comment

You might as well get some polish and paint cleaner
                            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Meg's. Hands down. Been using it ever since I got my car.
                              <-- Gray G6? Click!
                              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X