frozen key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frozen key

This really isnt a problem now, being summer, but during the winter time my key becomes frozen in the ignition, and I have a helluva time getting it out, but it usually comes out after some jiggling (sometimes LOTS of jiggling). Im guessing that the metal in the ignition switch shrinks and wont properly let go of the key. Does anyone else have this problem?

Do you have the 6 speed?
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
      Do you have the 6 speed?
      I hope not. Becuase if he is rippin the key out when its not in reverse that cant be good!
      Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

he said he has an '05 G6 SE. and that reverse lockout thing kinda bugs me

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16

There is a how to....to take care of that. Its fairly easy.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeG6
            Originally posted by bristol16

There is a how to....to take care of that. Its fairly easy.
            yeah, i just pull into parking spaces instead of backing into them now so it is already in reverse for me to backout i am sure that will get old quick though.

Comment

haha...yeah that is old already for me. Im about ready to take it out.

Comment

ah, well then I'm not sure what the problem is then. Mine is sometimes difficult. I'll put it in reverse, but then I have to take it out, then put it back in sometimes. Usually a couple good wiggles will get her loose though.

oooooo, good quote
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

You know, I wish I had some sort of witty comment for that....

But I got nothin
                  Originally posted by Kman
                  'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Comment

yeah i dunno what it is, I mentioned it to my service guy and all I got back was, "unable to duplicate problem" crap so maybe its just possessed.

Comment

Working...
                    X