Power Steering Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Fluid

ok, i did a quick search and couldn't find the answer i was looking for, i was checking fluids the other day and noticed my power steering fluid was a little low, i did have my car in for warranty work not too long ago to fix the wheel clunk issue we all know and love and am guessing i lost some fluid somewhere in the process. anyway, my question is what brand of fluid comes stock on our cars, or does it even matter if i top it off with something else. is power steering fluid pretty universal?
    2006 Black GTP Coupe
    Dr. Speed stage 3&4 intake
    Vector Motorsports 93 octane tune
    Tinted Tail Lights
    Red painted calipers

Re: Power Steering Fluid

Just go into your local autoparts store and grab a bottle of power steering fluid.

Oh and dust off the PS reservoir cover before opening it so nothing falls into the reservoir.
    ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
    ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
    ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
    ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
    ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

so basically, it doesn't matter what kind...
      2006 Black GTP Coupe
      Tinted Tail Lights
      Red painted calipers

Comment

I'm pretty sure GM, Ford, and Chrysler all use the same kind of PS fluid, just the usual synthetic. Some cars use tranny fluid, others non-synthetic. But you can always double-check your owner's manual just to be sure - I would, but I'm stuck in my cell. I mean office.
        ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
        ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
        ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
        ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
        ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

same here otherwise i would
          2006 Black GTP Coupe
          Tinted Tail Lights
          Red painted calipers

Comment

Gm power stering fluid

not much difference between them. only hybrids use something special i do belive

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

so during the winter my car will make a terrible grinding sound, and it's coming from the power steering. I've noticed now that it is constantly leaking onto the fluid tank, as if it's getting out of the cap.

anyone else have this problem?
              18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Working...
              X