This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe GT water problem

Before I bought a 2 door GT Coupe I found out the driver's side seatbelt was wet when I pulled it out to put it on. The dealer checked it out and said it was caused by the window not closing with the box on the window that the key is kept in while the car is on the lot. That sounded possible so I went ahead and bought the car. Last week it was outside when a big storm came thru and the next morning the seatbelt was wet again. The car now has only 2700 miles on it. I went back to the dealer and made an apointment to have them look at it again. Anyone else have this same problem? The carpet doesn't seem to be wet, just the seatbelt. The further you pull the seatbelt out the wetter it is. Can this be fixxed or do I have to get rid of the car?
    But me, I'm still on the road
    Headin' for another joint
    We always did feel the same,
    We just saw it from a different point of view,
    Tangled up in blue.
    Bob Dylan "Tangled Up in Blue"

Search is your friend:

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... roof+drain

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Coupe GT water problem

Thanks for the link. I hate to start taking apart a car with less than 3,000 miles on it. The dealer seemed to not even have a clue as to what was causing this problem. He said they sprayed water on the car last time and could not find a problem. I'll print some of the comments from the forum and take them to the dealer when I take the car in for service on Wednesday.

Thanks again!
      Tangled up in blue.

Comment

Dealers are clueless a lot of the time. If the technicians would take the time to actually troubleshoot, there would be a lot less complaints about dealer service.

The problem is, the technicians don't get paid to do the troubleshooting, they get paid to do the repair, so they try to get to the actually work sooner rather than later.

A good example of this is when my third brake light was out. The technician claimed that he had spent 4 hours getting the car apart just to get to the light. He then claimed that the light was burnt out and they didn't have the part. I was told to come back in a week and they would fix it.

I took the car back two months later, and the technician worked on the car for about an hour. The solution to the problem was to plug the brake light back in to the wiring harness. The light wasn't burnt out at all.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

you're not gonna get the wet seatbelt effect from just spraying some water on the roof. It has to be through a good long rainstorm before the water will start leaking down the side of the car. Just mention the sunroof drainage tubes and how you've heard about other coupe owners having the same problems. Even use the pics I took in my how-to if you need to. But that's definitely your problem.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I guess I lucked out and got a good tech, since they figured out the problem with the drainage tube and fixed it. And its still good and we have had plenty of rain since then.

Comment

So I took my car in for the second time to get this issue fixed, I mentioned I was part of the largest online forum for the G6 and told them it seemed to happen with Coupes only. The Assistant Manager immediately called Pontiac Dealer support while I was standing there and relayed the information to someone.

Watch for a recall probably to have it fixed....by the way, while I was talking to the service manager he had the tech's pull one of the coupes off the lot and sure enough, the drainage tubes were loose.
              ~ Nick
              ----------------
              2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
              Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

Took my 2006 G6 GT Coupe with 2,700 miles on it in today for the wet seat belt problem and showed the service manager the photos of what is wrong with the drain hoses from the sunroof. He started removing the seal around the sunroof. He, the manager, seemed to know what he is doing. They gave me a 2005 Saturn, with only 9,000 miles on it, to drive so I told them to take their time and get it right. I'll let you know if he fixes it this time.
                Tangled up in blue.

Comment

Same problem here, my dealership rerouted the hose for better fit and I have been good ever since!

John
                  Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Picked the car up Wednesday afternoon. The service manager said when he dropped the headliner it looked just like the pictures I had given him. Both sides were disconnected. He used some strong glue, which I could smell in the car, on the tubes. After the glue dried he said he was unable to pull the tubes out. Since then we have had two very heavy rains and no sign of a leak. The seat belts are dry for a change.
                    Tangled up in blue.

Comment

^Funny thing. My dealership told me not to rely on the internet for information about common problems to the G6. Told me that I would only find people that complain about the car.

They don't seem to understand that I am on here for that exact reason. I want to hear the complaints about the car.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cnagy65
                        I guess I lucked out and got a good tech, since they figured out the problem with the drainage tube and fixed it. And its still good and we have had plenty of rain since then.
                        I must have spoke too soon, Exactly a month later and the passenger side is leaking again. I was thinking about fixing it myself using GTPGuys82's How to, but I will bring it to the dealer again, just so they are aware of it. Its almost starting to make me regret getting rid of my 350z.

Comment

make sure you tell them to use that glue or clamps like I did. Because those tubes will NOT stay in if they have already become dislodged once.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                            make sure you tell them to use that glue or clamps like I did. Because those tubes will NOT stay in if they have already become dislodged once.
                            Im definetly going to let them know. Thanks

Comment

When I was at the dealer yesterday, thay had a Pontiac Torrent receiving the GM water torture. The back end was being sprayed with a garden hose, while the back wheels were off the ground.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                              X