Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What all lights are changeable? Guage, door, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What all lights are changeable? Guage, door, etc...

I was wondering, what all lights can be changed in the 2008 G6 Sedan?

I know gauge lights can be changed, and I see someone did driver/passenger door light changes, however there is still the matter of the milage box light, the radio lights, and the shifter lights.

My idea was this: Replace all lights to be blue and put in blue LED lighting to make a pure blue car!
    The only thing is, I would like to do as much as I can on my own as possible, however the main thing was what -could- be altered.

1. Gauge lights - I already know the dealership can do it (we know a guy there that gets us unbelievable numbers on everything, so price isn't going to steal) and thus this one is possible
    2. Milage box lights - I have the 2008 and I see it looks red, but it looks like the screen of the radio in that it looks like the red is made on a screen as opposed to an actual light or something. Can anyone shed some light on this? Will this change when the gauge lights get changed, will this need to be done separate, or is this one not possible?
    3. Door lights - I know someone already did this, but they said they had done a mess of custom stuff for LEDs because it is normally just a bulb with a red cover. Is it possible to find a blue cover? Is it difficult to do LEDs? I didn't really understand how he did it, but for the most part I would just want it to be blue, not necessarily LED bright.
    4. Radio lights - I'm not sure how this one works, but I'm assuming it's similar to the gauge lights in that it would mostly be just bulbs and such, but I'm pretty sure the screen would not be able to change colors, but it's very possible I'm wrong. Any know much about this area?
    5. Shifter lights - The letters/numbers on the shifter light up red almost like the lights on the doors; is it possible to change these to blue or would it be too difficult with the shifter being there?

It would be nice if I could get any help on any of these, I'm selling a bunch of stuff that should get me around $100+ by the end of this week, so I was planning on doing one/some of these depending on the price and such.

Re: What all lights are changeable? Guage, door, etc...

just so you know everything there is all LED's the gages radio doors etc

you can chage the dome light light bulb easy but everything else is led's

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
    X