Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO- Racingline Motor Mount Inserts

G6, Malibu, Aura- Motor Mount Insert Installation 3.5L & 3.9L engines

********Please note Illustration shown is a 3.5 auto G6. Other installations will vary slightly*********

This install does test your dexterity, especially the rear mount as space is tight, and less than ideal for he amount of tq necc. to remove some of the bolts. So please be patient and careful

PDF FILE WITH PICTURES AVAILABLE HERE......
    http://racinglineperformance.com/shop/p ... nstall.pdf

TOOLS NEEDED: (1) floor jack, (2) jack stands, (1)18mm socket-shallow preferred, (1) 18 mm wrench-gear or offset type recommended, (1)13mm socket, (1) 10mm wrench or socket, (1) socket U joint, (1) flat head screw driver. Manuals may also need (1) 15mm socket

1. Front insert may be installed with vehicle on level surface. Please ensure parking brake is engaged for safety.
    2. Remove intake hose from vehicle. Throttle body and MAF using screw driver and (2) 10mm support tabs.
    3. Place floor jack under engine/transmission seam. There is a metal support plate on this seem. This is an ideal location.
    4. Lift jack until engine starts to lift. Only apply as much lift as necc. To raise engine approx 5mm.
    5. With the jack now under the engine there is enough support to now remove the FRONT motor/trans mount.
    6. Remove (3) 18mm bolts holding mount. Mount should be loose enough to slide out easily(fig.1)

7. Slide insert into mount using dish soap or wd40 as a lubricant
    8. Replace mount and all bolts
    9. Replace intake
    10. Removal of the rear mount will require access from both the engine bay and under the car.
    11. Remove (2) 10mm nuts from coolant tank on firewall ( some cars are (2) simple push tabs), and place coolant tank out of the way (fig. 2)

12. Lift vehicle from secure jacking point (NOT THE ENGINE), and place jack stands under vehicle in appropriate locations.
    13. With vehicle supported, place jack back under engine and again raise engine approx 5mm.
    14. Remove (3) 18mm bolts shown in fig.3. (manuals will have (4) 15mm instead)

15. If automatic, remove (2) 13mm nuts + (1) 10mm nut from transmission shift linkage and place aside (fig.4)

16. Remove (1) 18mm bolt securing mount to its bracket. Note: bolt does not need to secured by a box wrench on the opposing side. (fig. 5)

17. Slide insert into mount using dish soap or wd40 as a lubricant
    18. Reinstall mount
    Last edited by taz; 12-03-2010, 05:49 PM.

HID 6000k lows ~ HID 3000k fogs ~ Crab04+ CAI w/custom velocity stck ~ RACINGLINE Motor Mounts ~ RACINGLINE Strut Bar ~ Deleted resonator ~ RACINGLINE grounding kit

Re: HOW TO- Racingline Motor Mount Inserts

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Just received mine today. This should help. Most likely do it next weekend because I'm going to Bayonne this weekend.
      Thanks for the how to.
      ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

Thanks! and it was nice meeting you and the wife

As soon as I get a clear day to do this, i'll get pics/write-up for the 3.6 process--assuming they all fit.
        "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
        ~~GWAR's description of Hell
        SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

im gonna try and get this done tomm.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint
          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Good. You can do a write-up for the 3.9L.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
              Good. You can do a write-up for the 3.9L.
              the 3.9 is virtually the same except the front and rear mounts have 1 extra bolt each.

stop being a wuss and get out there

HID 6000k lows ~ HID 3000k fogs ~ Crab04+ CAI w/custom velocity stck ~ RACINGLINE Motor Mounts ~ RACINGLINE Strut Bar ~ Deleted resonator ~ RACINGLINE grounding kit

Comment

Yeah I plan on it, just waiting for some other parts to come in hopefully this week so I can do everything at once. I am anxious to get these in though.

Comment

Assuming the weather holds--I'll try to do this on Friday.

Comment

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

to put the inserts in do we need to take off the engine mounts? Or do we just loosen it to slide the old inserts out and new ones in.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint

Comment

you will be removing the mounts from the car

6. Remove (3) 18mm bolts holding mount. Mount should be loose enough to slide out easily(fig.1)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                            I'm unclear exactly where to place the jack....

Think you could get a snap of this?
                            where you need to put it under the engine/trans, a snap of that would be great

Show
                            -20% tint

Comment

Re: HOW TO- Racingline Motor Mount Inserts (3.6 WORKS TOO!!!!)

Okay, got them in.

here are some changes from the other directions in the write-up:

The bolts holding the front one on (4 total) are 15mm. The center bolt is 18mm and it's got a "stop" in it so you don't need to use a box end wrench to keep it from spinning.

The lube I used was ID Glide. If you're going to do something, do it right

The rear mount has 3 18mm bolts holing it to the transmission/engine. the middle bold goes to a bracket held to the engine by a 15mm bolt. you will need to looses this bolt and possibly remove the bracket. The 2nd smaller bracket bolts to the mount itself with 3 13mm bolts and bolts to the tranny with a single 13mm bolt. you will need to take this off otherwise you won't be able to slide it out through the wheelwell.

There is a wire going to what appears to be the steering rack. you'll want to remove this connector otherwise you'll have a bitch of a time trying to get the mount back in.

Because of the size of the 3.6 and the tranny, the only way to get the rear mount out is through the wheel well. all of the bolts with the exception of the top mounting bolt will need to be got at from underneath. The top one you'll just need to move the coolant reservoir to get at it.

Get a "stubby" ratchet. You'll thank yourself later.

the front 18mm mount nut (the one that goes through the center of the mount) will require a deep socket.

Any other questions? let me know. Unfortunately, i couldn't get many pics since the camera I was using died. Expect it to take a bit longer than the other engines since jimmying the rear mount in and out will take awhile.

Again, thanks Taz. I definitely recommend this. See my review coming up this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X