My new AR-15 NOT M16! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new AR-15 NOT M16! :-)

So I finally bought my M16 with Uncle Sam's rebate check like I said I would. It's the Bushmaster competition DCM-XR A2 model with thicker (1" diameter) barrel made of ChromeMoly Vanadium Steel, two-stage competition trigger, well-machined locking lugs, and removable counter-weight in the buttstock.

Recoil is a bit more obvious since there's no compensator on the muzzle, but I kinda like it that way. Very accurate with open sights. Great choice for me.

This guy a few benches down from me was shooting a CMMG M16A3 he had just bought that day, and was firing it for 4 hours straight (duh) and while i was there I heard him shout and I put my rifle down, looked over, and saw him dancing around. His magazine had blown apart and burned his hand, sending the shells everywhere, resulting in the bolt carrier frozen in the forward position.

Anyway, here's some pics

Here's the woman firing off a few rounds

OK this is her first time ever firing a weapon of any kind, and look at the grouping she got! Her next 5 rounds were in the same place as well, so she basically got 9 out of 10 rounds within a half-dollar grouping at 25 yards. I was impressed.
    ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
    ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
    ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
    ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
    ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Re: My new M16!

Kickass ben!
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Sexy girl shooting that well...wow. Congrats to you. Yeah, and the guns nice or whatever

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

unless you have full auto/burst its AR-15 not m16. I gots 3.......love em. Bushmaster's aren't bad and CMMG's are very nice. Me personally I am a DPMS guy and constantly shoot at the DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge and local shoots as well. NRA guys/gun owners ftw
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

I was gonna ask if the serial number was ground off with some armory stamp on it if it was a true M-16.
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
            unless you have full auto/burst its AR-15 not m16. I gots 3.......love em. Bushmaster's aren't bad and CMMG's are very nice. Me personally I am a DPMS guy and constantly shoot at the DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge and local shoots as well. NRA guys/gun owners ftw
            You're right, did some research on that. They say an AR-15 can still have some M-16 parts in it, which should be switched out to be legal. The bolt carrier assembly is the most obvious:

? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)

Comment

Re: My new AR-15 NOT M16! :-)

trust me i know lol, my dad works for a company that manufactures upper and lower recievers for ar-15's. My heart is WAAAAy more into guns than cars. I go to the shot show every year and know the owner personally of DPMS. always surrounded by guns...love it
              sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

So who do i have to blow to get one of these bad boys??

I have a few ground hogs running around the house!!
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

depends on what you want...check out this website

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/category.aspx?id=4
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HogTech
                    You're right, did some research on that. They say an AR-15 can still have some M-16 parts in it, which should be switched out to be legal. The bolt carrier assembly is the most obvious:

Well its all about the trigger group too....me personally I'm in the army national guard so ive taken apart military and civi versions. they all break down the same pretty much its just one is more fun than the other
                    sigpic

Comment

Well its all about the trigger group too....me personally I'm in the army national guard so ive taken apart military and civi versions. they all break down the same pretty much its just one is more fun than the other
                      <-- ANG member (don't get me started about the serious lack of firearm training in that branch of service though)
                      ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)

Comment

Where you out of? What unit? I'm ANG too
                        sigpic

Comment

PM sent (post-SERE training OPSEC )
                          ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)

Comment

So I finally bought my M16 with Uncle Sam's rebate check ...
                            What a great country we live in...

Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Comment

PM sent (post-SERE training OPSEC )
                              sere training
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X