the best "free" mod ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best "free" mod ever

what a piss poor design, the lock posts stick up when locked, and its right where my arm wants to be
    they should be flush,.... so i cut them off
    with power door locks its not like you need them anyways
    i plan on a dab of black silicone or somting on the top to finish it off
    i just used a hacksay , it took like 5 sec. and rubbed it with a but of 1000 grit paper to smooth it out a tad

unlocked

unlocked

other pics of the cars ...

07 G6 GTP
    00 VW GTI VR6

Re: the best "free" mod ever

They are in an awkward spot.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Nice, everytime I put my arm up there to rest it while driving I bitch about that thing.. wish someone made a mod for a smaller one.. maybe if you took a dremmel and put some grooves in the unlocked it would be even better.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
      Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

they should have put the push button on the side of the door like almost every ride out there.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
        Originally posted by [i
        Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

personaly id be worried about doing that. if your in th ecar and have a complete power failure your pretty much screwed

that being said i do wish that they did that or had the lock unlock on the door

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Not a bad idea, but I feel strange when I rest my arm there. It feels to high.
            Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

I think even if you loose full power you should be able to open the door with the inside handle.If you got into an accident and it took out your battery you can still open the door just a common sense safety feature.

Comment

I guess you have the right idea but the cut looks a little messy in my opinion. Hopefully it will look cleaner after you're done with it.

G
                Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
                Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERTROOPER
                  I think even if you loose full power you should be able to open the door with the inside handle.If you got into an accident and it took out your battery you can still open the door just a common sense safety feature.
                  not if its manualy locked

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

just an idea, not really a good one. but you could leave the back doors stock since they sit so far back...if you have a 4 door that is.

Comment

couldn't you have cut the bottom part of the lock instead so the top is still intact? It does look kinda ghetto.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

viewtopic.php?t=2902

This guys wasn't free, but just about.

Comment

mhm, power cuts and your screwed...such as god forbid you drive into a lake or something. power locks, power windows. your not getting out.

Comment

that's what my passenger side looks like......

my wifes shirt caught it as she was getting in and snapped it off at about that same spot.

Comment

Working...
                            X