Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning

Just got home after work to catch this. It's pretty wicked sweet.

GIMP to try to enhance it.

Re: Lightning

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

what's your exposure time on the pic? and wheres your car?!

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
        what's your exposure time on the pic? and wheres your car?!
        car is safe in the garage now, after the egging incident. Not sure about the exposure. It's a Cannon Rebel XT. I just set it to no flash and when a bunch of light gets into frame it takes the picture. Works fairly well.

Comment

how the hell did you keep it that steady... sweet pic... i wanna get some lightning shots with some like 3 - 5 second exposure times on a tripod... they come out freakin sweet

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

wow

Comment

Nice shot. I can never get it when I try.

I normally give up after a few tries.
              Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Nice shots
                A whole lot of mods and a freakin lesbo after me....
                Originally posted by 08blackgt
                hahaha i fukin love Darlene

Comment

those pics are amazing
                  2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

bad ass!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Nice photo. We had about 10,000 lighting strikes last week. In a 2 hour period.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

how the hell did you keep it that steady... sweet pic... i wanna get some lightning shots with some like 3 - 5 second exposure times on a tripod... they come out freakin sweet
                        I'm not a photographer and I have never tried to photograph lightning. But you would think that lightning is so fast that a long exposure time wouldn't be helpful. It might actually be worse if a second lightning bolt contaminates the photo of your first lighning bolt. Not sure, just asking.

I just set it to no flash and when a bunch of light gets into frame it takes the picture. Works fairly well.
                        Are you saying that the camera AUTOMATICALLY snaps when then is enough light in the photo? I haven't heard of that feature. I'll have to check it out on my friend's camera (I doubt that my camera would do that).

Sweet photos by the way.

G
                        Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
                        Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

Comment

nice pics! u shoulda been here a year or 2 ago. i was non stop lightning. it looked like daytime @10pm. if i remember correctly, i was about 100 or more strikes per minute and it lasted for over an hour!
                          ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Ah, good ole indiana weather. There was a funnel cloud over my house yesterday,
                            Those pics look wickedly awesome.
                            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

That is a awsome picture, good going on the photography.
                              Now you need to work your car into the picture being it is lightning fast lol

Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                              It takes years to become a member of this elite group

Comment

Working...
                              X