Sunroof Problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof Problem???

Has anyone has problems with their sunroof not closing all the way? The first time mine did this I took it to the dealer and they said they replaced a modulator. It seemed to work fine for a while but just a few days ago it happened again. It opens fine but when ya goto close it the sunroof stops moving when it is in the VENT position but you can hear the motor still running. Sometimes it does close but makes a really loud noise when it does. Has anyone expierenced this? I have a '06 GTP Coupe

no problems here....sorry i got nothin
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Don't know what to tell ya either, but sounds like theres something wrong with the motor. Just take it back to the dealer and have them fix it, not something worth messing around with.

Comment

I have already had it to the dealer and they said they had fixed it...Works fine sometimes. Just seems like when it's about to rain the next day and I have my sunroof open then it stops working. Always my luck. I have had my G6 for about 3 months and already had it to the dealer 4 times

Comment

If that happend to me at least I know everyone at my dealership so I could yell at them all day untill they open and close it 500 to a billion times to make sure its fixed.

I don't recommend it if you don't know anyone at your dealer though.
          Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

When I first bought my car it would kinda stutter when I was closing the sunroof. It would stop for a second, then keep going. I was going to take it in, but it started happening less frequently and now I never see it any more. Maybe the grease just hadn't worked its way into the grooves or whatnot?
            ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

If the grease hasn't worked it way into the cracks after 12,500 miles then I doubt if it ever does.

Comment

no problems with mine either.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I dont even have a sunroof in my g6 (yet) but it sounds like something in the track. Maybe that little piece that would kick it down from vent position. Have you tried to have someone push down slightly on it when you are holding the button? Have you taken a look in at the track to see if there is anything jammed in there or broken?
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I had that problem, the dealer had to order and replace a part.

John
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

guess what guys? My sunroof is working perfectly fine since its supposed to be 90 degrees for the next couple of days. I bet anyone that it will start acting up as soon as it is supposed to rain.

Comment

No problems here. But I will keep an eye out for it.
                        Originally posted by Nikki
                        You are an e-pimp.
                        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                        I tried too, my penis way too big
                        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Yeah... mine is doing it. It is currently stuck open; it slides forward and back, but won't go down. Any way to force it down until I can get it to the dealer?
                          Originally posted by TLS2000
                          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Posted reply in other thread, forgot this one was here so you could have just posted here.

Anyways, other than that I dunno.

Comment

Okay, I figured it out.

Basically, the problem is the bug screen, but it isn't its fault.

THE PROBLEM: The sunroof slides forward, but won't lay down. The motor clicks and then stops without shuting.

THE LAYOUT: The sunroofs tracks run inside the tracks that the bug guard is mounted in. When the sunroof slides shut, it has a little tab (about an inch long) that runs along the bug guard arm and pushes it down.

THE REASON: This tab wears out (it is just cheap plastic) and eventually gets angled up. (i.e. it should be parallel with the roof, but now it is pointing slightly towards the sky. The end result is that the bug guard isn't pushed down enough... it gets caught between the sunroof and the car.

QUICK FIX: Pull the bug guard down by its net from inside the car. (no worries, your fingers don't get pinched... I did it several times to be sure.

DO IT YOURSELF FIX: get a thin piece of plastic and glue it to the plastic arm on the bug guard... causing it to be pushed down a little further.

Hope this helps someone else.
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X