Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st ANNUAL EAST COAST MEET!!! Spring time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st ANNUAL EAST COAST MEET!!! Spring time!

I brought to the attention of and have been in discussions with a few mods on the site and admin behind closed doors about setting up an entire East Coast Meet.

Nothing has been "officially" set yet, but a few ideas were tossed around.

We have come to the conclusion that Virginia would be the most central location which then lead to an option of it being held in Virginia Beach. With that said, here, I believe, are good websites to check out for things to do and accomodations and so on: VABeach.com and VirginiaBeach.com. (again though, not a deffinate spot-my suggest other sites but preferably in the VA area)

If there might be any interest in this, please by all means speak up.

If there are any suggestions, by all means make them for ex: when, where, so on and so on.

Let the FIRST ANNUAL EAST COAST G6 MEET planning and discussion commence!

*note* those not in the east coast but still wish to attend, by all means do!! the more the merrier!

Re: 1st ANNUAL EAST COAST MEET!!!

Well... I was going to try and do a remake of Toyz in my Better Than Toyz back and have a camp out and BBQ at this park....

I wouldn't be able to make it down to Virginia... to far for me
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I am not intending on doing at a time someone else is holding a meet lol....this has just been in discussion for a few months and figured I would bring it out finally.

Comment

this sounds like a great idea-- but probably something that wont be feasable for most till either the end of summer or next year in early spring-- i know for me this would be a push and almost impossible b/c of $$, gas prices, etc.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Since I switched to my new job, I've got very little vacation time. I'm going to be using all I have for my cruise next month and a few days around Christmas. That being said, VA is not that far away and I could probably do a weekend trip up (barring anything unexpected *sigh*). Gas is no problem, but I'm not driving as far as, well, probably anyone else. Google says 198 mi – about 3 hours 35 mins, so yeah, that's cake. My gf's brother will be gone closer to college starting back, so I'll be free to travel this fall. Early Sept would probably be spectacular up there, and a lot less crowded.

Also, if anyone else is interested in coming and needs to fly in, you're welcome to fly into RDU and ride with me up there. I can practically throw a rock and hit it, be glad to pick you up.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Originally posted by G6GIRLNJ
            this sounds like a great idea-- but probably something that wont be feasable for most till either the end of summer or next year in early spring
            I agree hands down I wasn't expecting to do this till either fall or next spring...but that was what was in my head lol...just wondering what would be good for others or their thoughts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
              Originally posted by G6GIRLNJ
              this sounds like a great idea-- but probably something that wont be feasable for most till either the end of summer or next year in early spring
              I agree hands down I wasn't expecting to do this till either fall or next spring...but that was what was in my head lol...just wondering what would be good for others or their thoughts as well.
              i would be for it, but for certain not until next year.

until i get my back "fixed," long road trips over an hour and a half to 2 hours or so are just not possible for me.
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

No earlier then mid september. That way I'll be legal for all activities...

G6 2.4l I4 - Ram Air. Hot hubcaps! Click 4 Pics!

Comment

cool so there are some interested in this....SCHWEEET! made me happy!!

Comment

later on in the summer or an early fall would work better for me, but either way i'll make it

Comment

Comment

anymore word on this?

Comment

at this point I am just letting you guys throw out any other ideas for places, times and so on... as stated though, i wish to keep it in VA since it is the most central location.

Comment

okie dokie

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                              at this point I am just letting you guys throw out any other ideas for places, times and so on... as stated though, i wish to keep it in VA since it is the most central location.
                              I've never been to Va beach but have heard that there isn't much parking lot space and the space that is available you have to pay for. Anyone know of any specific spots there?
                              Black 07 G6 GTP, DS Stage 3 CAI, Tint (25% on the back and 35% in the front), Eibach pro kit, debadged, redline quicklifts, tinted tails.

Comment

Working...
                              X