Factory XM Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory XM Radio

I must have blacked out :smoke: , I have no idea if my 2005 G6 GT has factory XM-ready radio. Also, what exactly does Factory XM-ready consist of, do you have to have a seperate xm receiver and antenna, or are those built in? I feel like an idiot for asking this, but I just don't know anything at all about this capability.

You should have a little black box like thingy on the roof right above your windshield.. That is the antenna for XM.

As for getting it on the receiver, you have to push the source button I believe..? until you get to XM

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

No, you push the BAND button.

Factory XM consists of an antenna on the roof (2006 antenna much smaller than the 2005 and located on front of roof rather than back), an antenna cable and a separate receiver module located around the rear package shelf on the 4 door. There really isn't any difference in the radio itself.

Vehicles without the option don't have wiring in vehicle to add it. Option code is U2K if you are looking at label in your vehicle - but the antenna is most obvious way to tell.

Comment

^Um ok..

what he said.

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Thanks,

I do have a black antenna just in front of the panoramic sunroof. I wasn't sure if that was the xm or the onstar antenna. Neither the band or source buttons give me an xm option though.

Comment

On your vehicle that would be just for OnStar.

Unfortunately for the 2005 model when you got the panoramic roof you were not able to order the XM option because the separate XM antenna didn't fit with all the hardware required for that roof option.

For the 2006 model the XM receiver is redesigned version which uses a simpler antenna design. They were also able to incorporate the XM antenna into an assembly with the OnStar GPS/Cell Phone antenna.

I think they call that new antenna the "Quad Antenna" because it does OnStar's GPS and Cell Phone transmissions as well as reception from XM's satellites ("ROCK" and "ROLL") and their terrestrial repeater network.

Comment

Is that the only way u know if u have xm is if there is that little black box to top of the roof?

Comment

If you press "Band", it will scroll through AM->FM1->FM2->XM1->XM2 (maybe not in that order). Even if you don't have the XM subscription, the XM bands still show up and play the XM preview channel.

At least, that's how it is on the Pontiac G5, which has pretty much the same headunit as the G6.

So if you press "Band" and all you get is AM and FM, chances are you don't have XM.

Comment

Wait three months and you will get a bill for it.
                  Thats another way to see if you have it.
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                    Wait three months and you will get a bill for it.
                    Thats another way to see if you have it.
                    Then wait another 4 years and make hundreds of phone calls for them to finally cancel it.
                    THIS SITE IS FOR U TOO!!!!! Visit http://www.epsilonsport.com

Comment

Why do that? Just stop payment through your credit card.

Comment

Factory XM

Does anyone know if there is a way to get stock sirius radio instead of xm w/o buying a p-n-p unit. Would rather not have anything external in the new car.

just got an 07 g6 gt.
                        2007 GT FULLY LOADED!!!
                        Black
                        Black leather
                        XM
                        Heated Seats
                        Remote Start
                        Panoramic Roof

Comment

I think there is a thread or two around here where someone did that, try searching.

Comment

Working...
                          X