Motor Mount Inserts now available for 3.5 & 3.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Mount Inserts now available for 3.5 & 3.9

Just letting you all know that the motor mount inserts (MMI's) are now available for 3.5L & 3.9L G6's including Malibus and Aura's.

They are available in 2 hardness levels dubbed "Street" & "Race" series. You can select which one you would prefer in the pull down menu on the bottom of the page.

sold as a set of 2 inserts for $48 + shipping.

I'll have an install "HOW TO" posted soon to both the website and the forums.
    http://racinglineperformance.com/sho...&idcategory=17
    Last edited by taz; 11-08-2011, 04:08 PM.

HID 6000k lows ~ HID 3000k fogs ~ Crab04+ CAI w/custom velocity stck ~ RACINGLINE Motor Mounts ~ RACINGLINE Strut Bar ~ Deleted resonator ~ RACINGLINE grounding kit

Re: Motor Mount Inserts now available for 3.5 & 3.9

for some reason the link isn't working.

Comment

Some of it got cut off. I found it here:

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

robbed again! no 3.6 stuff
        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Has anyone ever installed these motor mount deals in any other vehicles? I read a few posts about them a ways back and now this. I never heard much about them before. I'm kinda interested if it would make any kind of difference. I'm afraid of spending 50 bones on some placebo effect enhancements though(kinda like the strut tower bar which I'm not so sure about either considering we don't drive these like rally cars). Of course I'll probably end up with both over time, so I don't know why I even ask haha

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Product review thread

That's about all I know, I'm waiting on more feedback from other members before I go for it.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Originally posted by wormhole
              Product review thread

That's about all I know, I'm waiting on more feedback from other members before I go for it.
              interesting but im with wormhole on this one... I'll wait till I know more about it...
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

well im going to be different and say

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr
                    I should be meeting taz this weekend to see if they'll work for the 3.6. Superficially, it looks like they will (at least the front mount), but if all goes well it should be expanded to include the 3.6 as well.

Scuba: I had mounts and moutn inserts in my Sunfire: While not massive gains, they will hold the engine in place, so instead of trying to torque itself around the mounts before putting the power to the wheels, it will hold the engine in place more firmly and thus free up a few ponies to the pavement (think about how a gun on a sturdier mout will shoot further). Plus, it means a bit better throttle response.

The side effect is cabin vibrations, but depending on what you're used to, it could be negligible.
                    "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                    ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                    SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL
                      Originally posted by Swampassjr
                      I should be meeting taz this weekend to see if they'll work for the 3.6. Superficially, it looks like they will (at least the front mount), but if all goes well it should be expanded to include the 3.6 as well.

Scuba: I had mounts and moutn inserts in my Sunfire: While not massive gains, they will hold the engine in place, so instead of trying to torque itself around the mounts before putting the power to the wheels, it will hold the engine in place more firmly and thus free up a few ponies to the pavement (think about how a gun on a sturdier mout will shoot further). Plus, it means a bit better throttle response.

The side effect is cabin vibrations, but depending on what you're used to, it could be negligible.
                      Keeper ... you comin up here ? I wouldn't mind meeting up and hanging out if you are ... let me know ... can we say mini meet
                      sigpic

Comment

Nah, taz will be in Everett, which is not too far from Kent, and because of the messed up visa policies from 9-11, my g/f could make it into canada for a daytrip, but wouldn't be allowed back into the states (being a Slovak citizen). Go figure--I've wanted to show her Victoria, Vancouver, and the like.

But yeah, if I get up there or if you are down in the Seattle area definitly let me know!
                        "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                        ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                        SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Same here. More feedback would be great!! I am really considering this mod as well. Because in general I've heard some good stuff from buddies who have Motor Mounts aka MM's in their cars! It is a good mod!
                          Benny
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3162767

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Comment

Originally posted by scuba264
                            H I'm afraid of spending 50 bones on some placebo effect

No placebo effect........ here's how they work

Factory mounts are made to be soft and cushy to absorb engine vibrations, as the masses want a comfy daily driver and are not interested in modifying a car after it's purchase. These soft mounts while limiting vibration, hurt performance. and heres why:

We all know that the engine moves back and forth, we've all seen it. When the gas is pressed the engine rocks back and forth. While driving energy is transmitted from your crankshaft, though the flywheel, into your transmission, which then turns your axles/tires. Now because your stock mounts are soft your engine must finish rocking before ANY of that energy can be transfered out to your tires. Adding inserts to firm them up will allow that energy to go to your tires alot faster, thus improving throttle response.

The bucking motion of the engine also cause wheel hop. by eliminating the movement you eliminate most if not all wheel hop.

Again as for shifting, because there is no more wasted motion, as soon as the tranny shifts, that power is turning your tires = no more lag/ jerking motion in between shifts. For manuals it gives a more direct feel while shifting especially during heavy loads ( read high RPM shifts ).

Street series is a compromise to limit vibrations while still giving noticable performance gains. RACE is a no compromise rock hard insert, and although the 3.5 and 3.9 is decently balanced and vibrations are not too bad, it's still not recommended on daily drivin automatic transmissions a the torque converter creates alot more vibrations compared to manuals who are always in nuetral when sitting at a stop light

HID 6000k lows ~ HID 3000k fogs ~ Crab04+ CAI w/custom velocity stck ~ RACINGLINE Motor Mounts ~ RACINGLINE Strut Bar ~ Deleted resonator ~ RACINGLINE grounding kit

Comment

I was thinking that by replacing the stock motor mounts with these that it would eliminate enough of the "motor movement" that it would help prevent intakes like the injen intake from breaking like a lot of people had problem with.

Comment

Working...
                              X