I hate cats!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate cats!!!

I just walked outside and looked at my car and there are 2 long areas where you can tell a cat scratched up my car! I just got my car a week ago! I think it was done by a cat whose owner lives across the street and I swear if I catch that cat on my car, I will personally deliver him a message that he needs to cough up the cash to pay for the scratches to be removed! I've never done anything with paint before. Please, someone tell me that there's something I can use on it to remove the scratches!

Re: I hate cats!!!

hmm. Any chance you can post up some pics? If you can see the scratch but not be able to feel it when you run your fingers across it then it should fix pretty easy. I'd say try a scratch remover type product such as megeuirs(I'm not spelling it right I know). And then wax it really good. If the scratch goes deep enough as to where you can feel it, then it would take a bit more work. Interfire (troy) would be the guy to talk too about that.

Comment

Not exactly sure what its called, but wal mart sells this wax type stuff that gets very minimal scratches out. go look for it in the automotive section. should be around $20
      If you cant find it, extortion usually works on cats. Break his legs with a baseball bat, flip his litterbox upside down, etc. Eventually he will pay up to get it detailed
      Packers Record: 4-4
      Steelers Record: 5-2
      Cyclones Record: bad
      High School STATE QUARTERFINALS!!

Comment

that sucks. Hopefully the scratches are only surface. You may get lucky since your paint is so new that you maybe able to buff it out.

Comment

I don't think I can feel the scratches. I know in one spot, if the sun shines on the car, I can't even see them, but the other set of scratches looks to be a little bit deeper. I tried taking a picture, but my camera phone is a piece of crap and the pics didn't turn out well. I won't be able to use my digital camera on the car until Sunday because it's not currently here with me. I don't mind trying some scratch remover because I can't stand looking at those nasty scratches on a car that's supposed to look perfect right now. Do I need to worry about making it worse though? I honestly don't know how scratch remover products work.

I like the option of breaking his legs with a baseball bat . Better yet, I'd like to take the baseball bat to the cat's head. I love how I never see any cats around this neighborhood, and then the second that I get a brand new, nice car, some scroungy looking thing shows up and won't stay away! I'm generally a nice person, but if I find out that cat belongs to the guy I'm thinking of, he's never going to hear the end of it from me.

Comment

ok, well if you really can't feel the scratches then I think you will be fine. You'd be surprised as too what you can buff out of your paint. I'd say use a good scratch remover and then wax your car really good and you should be okay. If anything it gives you an excuse to wash your g6.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll be running to the store tonight to pick some supplies up. After a nice wash and wax job, I'll have to take some more pics of the car, hopefully scratch-free! You guys are making me feel so much better about it possibly coming out. When I first discovered the scratches, I wanted to pull my hair out. I'm now back to a point where I can breathe again . With a little TLC, she's going to look even better than she did last Thursday night when I took her home from the dealership.

Comment

Just get some scratch-x and a nice applicator, that's probably hands down the easiest product to use for beginners and it also works very well.

Comment

Wow! i have never heard of a cat doing that. Are you sure it was a cat, I have cats doing the spray thing a lot and it can be a pain in the ass. Cat's will do a clawing thing but not to something like a car that I have ever heard.

Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                  It takes years to become a member of this elite group

Comment

It was definitely a cat. There were cat hairs all over the back end of my car and I could see paw prints going from the trunk up the back window. I could also see where it looked like the cat had wet paws and slid down the side of the car. It was near those slide marks that I found the claw scratches.

I bought some Scratch-X and some carnuba wax and I'm going to be using it on my car soon. When I went to Walmart, some guy there stopped me and was talking to me forever, so I don't have enough time to get the car looking perfect tonight . I'll probably give it a good bath and fix it up on Sunday, and by then I'll have my digital camera back, so I'll post pics of my baby nice and clean.

Comment

Its not the cat's fault so dont blame him....
                      Blame the owner and get a car cover and some cat repellent.
                      Going medieval on any animal will not erase the scratches, if any.

He just want a ride on a really nice car (the cat that is)

Comment

smartgtp has the civil way of doing it, me personally, .22's and cats, no more scratches. make sure it doesn't have a collar tho, if it does, use slightly heavier weaponry and head for the owner.
                        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

It's just the civil and correct way.
                          I am a cat owner and I prefer to talk to the affected owner rather than burning his car or shooting his/her children if one of my cats causes some damage.

Cats (and dogs) are like little kids, they dont really know what they are doing!!

Comment

Oh they know... they just don't give a flying f...

Comment

A little pussy in or on the car does not hurt anything. Some may even like it lol
                              sigpic
                              Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                              It takes years to become a member of this elite group
                              K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

Working...
                              X