WOW! Improved gas mileage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! Improved gas mileage!

I recently ran the question about what kind of gas mileage we are getting, I have a sedan with the 2.4 4cyl engine, and have been getting about 19 around town and 30 hwy. i have been reading about how to drive for better mileage, and put it into practice for a tank full around town. My mileage is averaging 27 so far!. I am tickled. We waste so much gas with normal driving, and with just a little care with the throttle, we can do much better. Thought it is worth mentioning to you. Wallace in Georgia

2008 Silver sedan

Re: WOW! Improved gas mileage!

I wanna drive better, but I have a chronic problem with doing burn outs just cuz I saw a pretty girl or cuz some one says I have to. mmmmm, burnt tire smell!

what were we talking about?

My other car is a truck

Comment

Originally posted by Garret
      I wanna drive better, but I have a chronic problem with doing burn outs just cuz I saw a pretty girl or cuz some one says I have to. mmmmm, burnt tire smell!

sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

I'm an insanely careful driver, slow acceleration, keep the rpms low at all times and just cruise the speed limit, but the best I can get my mpg to is 19
        Red 3.5l Sedan
        2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
        Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

Originally posted by Froboy7391
          I'm an insanely careful driver, slow acceleration, keep the rpms low at all times and just cruise the speed limit, but the best I can get my mpg to is 19
          Red 3.5l Sedan

WTF? mine hangs around 23-24 with careful driving...... with GTP.......i dunno what to tell you. Hilly roads????? I have horrible hills and i still pull that mileage....
          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

http://www.getnitrogen.org/

if you want to save money or get better miles per gallon get nitrogen it cost ONLY 40.00 to fill all 4 of your tires up and you NEVER have to pay to refill (for the life of the tire) just check out the web site ALL your questions can be answered there hope this helps

CARDOMAIN ................ PROGRESSION
            08 G6 GXP 20/10% tinted windows including 10" 10% brow,
            Crabs Intake Opt. 3 w/ FPU, Angel Eye Halo Projector Head Lights,
            Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Powder coated grilles, Raceingline STB,
            & Riken Raptors ZR 245/45-18's.
            TO BE INSTALL:
            Cquence Rotors, ceramic brake pads & paint calipers black
            92 LX Notchback mustang ~ Mods: 50 series flowmaster exhaust, 373 gears
            LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2006 G6 GT
            http://www.epicimpressionsphotography.com/

Comment

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                Originally posted by Garret

Same here throttle keeps getting stuck down position.
                sigpic
                Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                It takes years to become a member of this elite group
                K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

You GT, V6's and 4cyl owners get it easy. Us 3.9L are loved by the gas companies..
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I have a 3.5 and I get 19-22 around town and highway if I'm being careful get over 30 definitely. However, even with these prices I still like to have fun with this thing haha! I wish I could see myself driving when I first got the car. I remember it telling me I was getting like 15 or 16 mpg. I sure as hell don't drive conservative now, so I must have been crushing it then haha.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

16.7 is the best I got

I just hate you all.....and anybody that gets anything over 18 which is almost everybody here.

DAMN

Will try the other way around, race everybody, hard accels, etc.

Comment

I have the 3.9L and I'm getting 17.8 in town right now.

Comment

I just changed to Amsoil in my GXP and Im avg over 19 just around town with just over 3000 miles on the clock (I dont baby it either!!!)

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                          4 door mafia
                          93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                          8000k hid's
                          Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                          Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                          13.207@107.11
                          330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

The reason I posted this was just to let anyone know that it really works trying to improve mileage. What I have found as a basic rule in playing with it is if I keep my RPM's down below 2000 the mileage stays up there very nice. Get above 2000, the gas mileage drops fast. It is hard to take off and keep those RPM's below 2000, but practice and patience works. Wallace in Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                              16.7 is the best I got

I just hate you all.....and anybody that gets anything over 18 which is almost everybody here.

DAMN

Will try the other way around, race everybody, hard accels, etc.
                              Oh yeah? The 2nd car I've ever owned was a 1989 ford taurus LX with the 3.8 v6. I got 13mpg city with it and it was SLOW! (140HP) So I got bad gas mpg and I wasn't even driving a fast car to compensate for bad mpg. On top of all this, it was back when I was making only 12k a year about 8 years ago and paying rent.

Comment

Working...
                              X