Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Trunk Cut out ( 56 K...Upgrade to DSL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Trunk Cut out ( 56 K...Upgrade to DSL)

Ok so some ppl were asking me a few questions about the trunk cut out so i decided to do a How To on it.

Supplies:

Jigsaw
    MDF 1/4 INCH Board...its the cheapest board that i found $3.88 for a 24 x 48 at Home Depot
    carbon paper
    Printed image of what u want to cut out
    Glue ( I used Dan Tack) Its an adhesive spray for fabric
    Plexiglass or some sort of hard plastic to place behind cut out

So first you would take measurements of the trunk or whatever you plan on doing it on.

Then you would print out your image( the size you would like it)

Heres a pic of some of the supplies i used..In my case my printed image is Pooners crab intakes logo

Once everything is measured and printed you then center the printed image onto the board.

Place the carbon paper under the printed image and tape it down so it wont move..then trace the image with a pen..make sure to press down firmly so the image can transfer onto the board

once you traced everything u can remove the printed paper along with the carbon paper( u will then have something like this)

You then get a dremmel and punch a few holes

once youve done that you can now start sawing away

Once you cut everything out you should have something like this

you can then apply the fabric ( i dont have any pictures yet of this)

Once you apply the fabric you can then add the plexiglass or whatever type of plastic you have to the back of the board

This is the end result of one of the cut outs i have done

Everything cut out

Applied fabric & plexiglass

A whole lot of mods and a freakin lesbo after me....
    Originally posted by 08blackgt
    hahaha i fukin love Darlene

Re: How To Trunk Cut out ( 56 K...Upgrade to DSL)

AWESOME!!!!

more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

thats what she said....

But yeah, im going to give this a try when I get some large paper like that. This should be interesting.
      Im really interested in how you got the fabric to form to the curves, it looks awesome. Do you do special orders by chance?
      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Wow great job Darlene!
        2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Great job on the how to, and it looks great. This is simple enough, I think I just needed some re-assurance. Thanks for the PM to let me know you put this up!!

Comment

excellent write up...this is how i made my custom sub box

great work and great how to

Comment

Pooners wants that now.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

wow them there are some skills!!!
                ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

i am excited to try!
                  any tips on where to buy the carpetting and how to get it on im fealing like that will be pretty tricky.
                  if i fail do you take orders?

Comment

Working...
                  X