Flakey Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flakey Rims

My car ame with the 17" crome allot wheels. Has anybody else had a problem with the chrome flaking off?

I have noticed it on 2 of my wheels now. I haven't had a chance to take it in yet

I have not noticed my chrome flaking off my wheels. I hope they dont start either, I think they are a decent looking set of factory wheels. Im curious to know what the dealer will say. Keep us posted!
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I'd fight that at the dealership. They should replace them under warranty.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Def... especially because they arent true chrome rims, should be an easy fix I would think!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

They will flake it's inevitable, but it shouldn't happen so soon. Dealer should replace them, or work something out.

Comment

They had better cover it under warrenty, I have only had the car for a little over 6 months so...!

Comment

It is on warranty, but I don't know for how long.

Comment

Take em back, but that sucks

Comment

They are covered under warranty but not sure for how long. Mine are covered for as long as I own the car, they replace tire or wheel whatever is wrong it it gets fixed or replaced. I bought the tire and wheel pkg coverage its costin me $4.35 a month thats because I got it at dealer cost but i thought it was well worth it for me. I work in the city and many pot holes.
                  06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

I would deman the gtp rims.
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

My rims are also flaking I have 20,000 miles and have had the car for about a year. Mine is flaking in the corner of the rim....Just one rim though. I have not had any time to take it in and see if it is covered. Keep posted on what they say.

Comment

this is im gonna have to go in for flaking,grinding on acceleration, and the brakes have a heart beat

Comment

Working...
                        X