Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmission mount Inserts review thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission mount Inserts review thread.

Brand: Prototypes
    Price:Free for me (I'm the 6 Speed test guinea pig)
    Purchased From: G6P Member Taz

Installation: Easy (once you get the mounts out anyways)

Installation Time: About an hour (if you're not jabbering away to someone that is )

Any Installation Tips You Have: Lube the inserts with WD40 or dish soap to make them easier to get in.

Quality of Part: 10/10

Product Performance: 10/10

Would you Recommend to Others: Whole Heartedly

Any Other Comments:

These are a MUST for any lowered 6 speed owner with vibrations after lowering, they have almost completely removed my vibrations as well as any shifter gremlins that were present. The engine no longer flops around and feels more direct and power seems more instant. I do have some vibraton from stiffening up the mounts but it's barely noticeable at all.

Over all I highly recommend them to anyone auto or standard, but these are a must for any lowered 6 speed owner out there.
    sigpic

Re: Transmission mount Inserts ... A rating

Pics of the mounts itself?

Comment

They are inserts for the existing mounts ... Taz has pictures in another thread ....
      sigpic

Comment

I thought that thread was for engine mounts? Did he make trans mounts too?

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

cant wait.........

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Which set did you go with racing or street? I woulf like to do this but don't know which ones to get. I drive it everyday but it is not lowered and most likely won't ever be. And yeah are these engine mounts or trans mounts?
            Official Lawbreaker of the SWO

06 G6 Coupe.
            MODS: Custom Flowmaster 80 exhaust, De-badged, MP racing intake, GM strut bar. 40% tint all around. Painted dart and battery cover. R1 premium drilled-slotted brakes front and rear. I think that is it but who knows what I will find and want to add to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by wormhole
              I thought that thread was for engine mounts? Did he make trans mounts too?
              They are technically trans mount inserts as that is where the mount is attached to. For 98% of cars the torque position mounts are located on the engine block in roughly the same position to where GM placed the mounts on these cars. The typical name for these parts is Motor Mount Inserts, but Technically these are transmission mount inserts.

It should also be noted that using these will allow you to upgrade the engine damper on the passenger side without the risk of breaking the bracket.

Brand: Racingline http://www.racinglineperformance.com/ca ... 6c90f3e651

HID 6000k lows ~ HID 3000k fogs ~ Crab04+ CAI w/custom velocity stck ~ RACINGLINE Motor Mounts ~ RACINGLINE Strut Bar ~ Deleted resonator ~ RACINGLINE grounding kit

Comment

I have the hardest ones Taz makes, I love them. They are transmission mounts, only because the mounts are attached to the transmission .. LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Wheres my how-to at? Pft.....
                  Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

HOW-TO being done right now and will be posted shortly.

HID 6000k lows ~ HID 3000k fogs ~ Crab04+ CAI w/custom velocity stck ~ RACINGLINE Motor Mounts ~ RACINGLINE Strut Bar ~ Deleted resonator ~ RACINGLINE grounding kit

Comment

how to viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18290&p=398440#p398440

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                          It should also be noted that using these will allow you to upgrade the engine damper on the passenger side without the risk of breaking the bracket.
                          What would be the advantage of installing this with the motor mounts?
                          2008 Cobalt SS/TC

14 flat @ 30mpg

Comment

not too much. Might as well get the race inserts instead of buying both if you are planning on getting a stronger damper. Since adding the damper will again raise vibration levels, but some people already have the damper installed. Inserts will make sure the bracket does not break.

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Working...
                              X