My Flowmaster 40 sounds awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Flowmaster 40 sounds awesome!

Yeah, I can't get over how deep my exhaust tone is! I sound like a mustang now!

I was really apprehensive about doing it, but I'm seriously glad that I did now. At first, I left the suppressor/resonator on and just had the muffler replaced. This produced a very deep tone, but it was noticeable only at very low rpms. So, I had the resonator taken out. OH MAN, YEAH!!! What a difference. (Even running the car up on the lift with just the cats wasn't really loud, but not deep at all)

I can't tell any real differance in mpg since I've only had this done for a day, but I will try to post if there are any big changes. However, I think that even with this as my only mod for now, I can notice a slight power gain. I'm SO looking forward to my stg 3 from Kyle now!

I just wanted to let you all know that dropping the stuff from the cats back is a good thing duh...but it doesn't have to break the bank with a kit designed specifically for our cars.

-John
    You kidding!?! I run straight pipes!
    100.00%
    Yes, as long as my girlfriend's monologue is drowned out by the tone.
    0.00%
    Maybe a little louder, but I'm after HP gains and nothing else.
    0.00%
    Not really, I love the power, but I support the sleeper car theory.
    0.00%
    No; the only noise I want my car to make is from the radio.
    0.00%
    2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Have any photos or sound clips?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

^X2
      Originally posted by Nikki
      You are an e-pimp.
      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      I tried too, my penis way too big
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Glad your happy with it! Thats reall all that matters.

I myself don't like flowmaster I had one on my Grand Am and it sounds like crap, on top of that they're just noise makers they don't do much for performance.

What all did you get done?
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Thanks, I'm thrilled! I had it done at a mom & pop store here in Fayetteville, E Q Mufflers. I actually left the Y pipe intact since the O2 senser is so close, and just took everything else off below the senser. So, it's stock from the manifolds to the last O2 senser, then just 2.5" pipe and a flowmaster with a chrome tip...I like the noise myself, but it sounds nothing like any other G6 now.

But, no...I've got no way to record a sound clip; and now that I'm home, I doubt that I can even get the car high enough to take a decent pic.

I can say that the sound fades out to near stock levels in freeway driving. Down shifting on the highway, doesn't exactly sound that great IMO, but I move a little quicker than with the stock setup. The tone at low cruising speeds (15-30mph) reminds me of my '85 chevy small block with dual glass-packs...and stomping it at greenlights tends to leave the hondas out here dead in the water with their ears ringing

I stuck a little wally-world rez tip on the end just to have some flair for the tip; and also because the shop's tips sucked. I apologize for not having any concrete facts or clips for you to devour, but I couldn't contain myself any longer! I just had to tell someone how cool this moderately unexpected outcome was...even my wife is ok with it since I'm so crazy about the new sound.
          2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

We need pics and video. We can't compare the sound without the vid and the pics are just to look at what ya got. I have the gtr exhaust and it is low but sounds nothing like any v8 I have ever owned. had 2 different 350's and a 5.4 and yeah the v8 rumble > v6 mumble.
            You are an e-pimp.
            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
              We need pics and video. We can't compare the sound without the vid and the pics are just to look at what ya got. I have the gtr exhaust and it is low but sounds nothing like any v8 I have ever owned. had 2 different 350's and a 5.4 and yeah the v8 rumble > v6 mumble.
              OK, what is the simplest way to post 'em here? I don't have a digital camcorder. And I have no clue where to begin to record a clip to upload or even how...

Comment

you know i was wondering about this.....did you ever post video??? or sounds clips???

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                  you know i was wondering about this.....did you ever post video??? or sounds clips???
                  Just for fun I will post more video but this time with the cold air box.
                  You are an e-pimp.

Comment

True that. There is no way one can get a V6 to sound like a V8. When I had my exhaust done, the owner of the shop said he could give me a great sounding exhaust, but it will not sound like a V8. This shop does headers and exhausts for all types of V8 powered vehicles. My car is one of the few V6's that they have worked on.
                    http://www.kookscustomheaders.com
                    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

The v6 will not produce the v8 sound, not even the larger v6's. We concentrated on getting as close as possible to the sound of a BMW or Porsche. Which fits this car much better.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
                        The v6 will not produce the v8 sound, not even the larger v6's. We concentrated on getting as close as possible to the sound of a BMW or Porsche. Which fits this car much better.
                        And it is damn close.
                        You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
                          awww...shucks guys, you caught me!!! And there for a minute I thought I could make you all think that a flowmaster would instantly impregnate our 3.5Ls so after the 12 hour gestational period of carbonization, the other two cylinders would crown out to reveal an immense 4.7L goat & pony eater.

Get real guys...I'm just saying this muff has a great tone. Low rpms are deep and loud---milding, vaguely, freakin' biased imaginarily simliar to my old 5.0 [yes a measly 305cid ] chevy V8 with glass-packs that was my high school dream car/truck...El Camino-call it what you will

Seriously: I meant no harm and had no malicious intent by posting my comments...certainly didn't mean to step on you GT guy's toes. But for this country boy with a great little G6 sedan base model, the GT-R wasn't a viable option since I would need to replace my rear fascia for the duals. I KNOW that I'm not the only clown out there with a base model V6, so I wanted to spread the word that we merry few can get by a little bit cheaper than all you gear heads with your GT coupes

Didn't mean to act like flowmasters are the shiz or nothin...

Comment

I am a base sedan guy too. I am doing what I can to fix her to my liking though.
                            You are an e-pimp.

Comment

can any one that has had muffler done please post pics & price thank you
                              My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Working...
                              X