One Gripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Gripe

What was the deal with GM chincing out on a Electrichromatic Rearview (self-dimming) mirror for the SS guys? I am pretty sure that the other Bu's have em, the Aura's I'm sure probably do to. Wonder if they were kind enough to leave the wiring up there, so we can just plug n play! Anyone?

Re: One Gripe

No idea, even my mom's 96 Camry has one. I wouldn't mind having one, but honestly I've got other stuff higher on the list.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Im in the same boat as wormhole on this one... it would be nice to have it, but Im not all that concerned... Im not even sure that I ever thought about it till you mentioned it lol
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

I don't think about it much, I just know everyone will stay there. lol

Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
        It takes years to become a member of this elite group

Comment

Who needs an auto dimming rear view mirror if you have dark tints!!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of little options GM left off on our Bu's....like the "Oh Shit" Handles!!
          Benny
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3162767

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Comment

Originally posted by 3.9L_Mofo
            ....like the "Oh Shit" Handles!!
            Hmm, I have those in the back, just not one on the front passenger's side. Must be a Maxx thing?

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Originally posted by wormhole
              ....like the "Oh Shit" Handles!!
              Hmm, I have those in the back, just not one on the front passenger's side. Must be a Maxx thing?
              u know what all this time I was complaining to my buddies that my Maxx doesn't have the handles....then after I read ur post i'm wtf I DO have them in the back!!! Thanks!! haha. But the front passenger side needs em too.
              Benny

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS - *Wagon Mafia*: Dr. Speed Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Mobil1, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Brakes Pads, 18 x 8.0 Konig Theory in Graphite, 235/50/ZR18 BFGoodrich G-Force, 10K Banbo H11 HID Kit, 2.5K Noyka Fogs, 35% 3M Tint, Smoked-Out Tails, Shorty Vette Antenna, 12" Hifonics Atlas enclosed in a ported box, 1501D MTX D-Class Amp, RF Cap, RF 0 Gauge Wire, 1" Kenwood KFC-ST30 Tweeters

Comment

me = 6' 3"
                gf who drives every other day = 5' 0"

that little switchy thingy is really useful, just press it up or down and it switches for the two of us

but i did enjoy the auto-dimmer, had it on my 02 altima and it was about the only nice thing about it

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

You can easily add your own, but I feel your pain.

I love the one I added though, so it turned out ok.

Comment

u know what all this time I was complaining to my buddies that my Maxx doesn't have the handles....then after I read ur post i'm wtf I DO have them in the back!!! Thanks!! haha. But the front passenger side needs em too.
                    Thats awesome... I did the exact same thing... I was like holy crap my car does have em?!?!?!
                    Ive never sat in the back seat of my Maxx, so Ive never really looked. Hilarious
                    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
                      Thats awesome... I did the exact same thing... I was like holy crap my car does have em?!?!?!
                      Ive never sat in the back seat of my Maxx, so Ive never really looked. Hilarious
                      Hahaha you two need to pay attention next time you're polishing up those nice leather seats....or perhaps you're too busy with the laydeez to pay attention when you're back there eh?

Comment

Originally posted by wormhole
                        Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
                        Hahaha you two need to pay attention next time you're polishing up those nice leather seats....or perhaps you're too busy with the laydeez to pay attention when you're back there eh?

That is too funny!! The laydeez love the adjustable rear seats. "It's soo roomy &comfy back here!"
                        Benny

Comment

Working...
                        X