Continuous Cranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Cranking

I think this happened to me yesterday. I usually tap the key a little then let my car do the cranking job. But yesterday when my car was starting, the engine continued to crank after I let go of my key longer than usual.

I heard this was a common problem?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

happens to me maybe once a week and of course it's always when there's somebody's walking by...i just sit there and shake my head...i had a new first yesterday: remote started, got in car like normal, put key in, went to put in reverse and the shifter was locked and wouldnt move at all; i had to turn car off and back on in order to pull out
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yep its embarassing when it happens, thats for sure

Happens to me at least once a week too
      2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

me 3

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

several times a week and yes it is only when you are around a bunch of people and they are looking at your ride. Never at the dealer though. TSB NOW.
          Originally posted by Nikki
          You are an e-pimp.
          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
          I tried too, my penis way too big
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
            TSB NOW.
            Details?
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
              yep its embarassing when it happens, thats for sure

Happens to me at least once a week too
              Yeah me too. It's REALLY emabarassing when you're a manual trans noob who just killed his engine accidentally at a stoplight, then the car just keeps crankin' when you try to start it!

***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

First time it happened itwas like the second day I had it and though something was wrong. But happenes to once in awhile to me too and it is a lil imbaricing when people are around looking lol
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

This problem happened to me twice yesterday, it seldom does this, but when it does I get pissed off. What is the deal really..........
                  Granite 06' G6 sedan w/ 20" chrome velocity wheels & 2- 12" MA Audio subs. I will post a pic pretty soon.

Comment

It is common and I wish they would come up with a fix for it already!
                    Originally posted by TLS2000
                    It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

What's the build date some of you guys have? I hear they fixed it later on.

Comment

Dealers have an updated Service Information notice indicating a new calibration supposed to be available in June - I'll keep any eye out for any further updates.

Comment

mine was in november of last year, it still did that

but i was thinking about this earlier, and since i had to get my cluster replaced (not the point) it hasnt had this problem

before they replaced the cluster, they replaced the ecm chip with a new one, havent had the problem since then

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
                            Dealers have an updated Service Information notice indicating a new calibration supposed to be available in June - I'll keep any eye out for any further updates.
                            That would be cool.. because I already took mine in for an "update" and its starting to do it again
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Anyone know if this bulletin is for the Malibu as well?

If it is I might take it to the Chevy dealer instead, since I've had bad experience with the Pontiac dealer here in Waterloo.
                              <-- Gray G6? Click!
                              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X