OEM Pass. Door Speaker Part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Pass. Door Speaker Part #

I've got a 2006 G6 GTP Sedan w/ the Monsoon Audio System. The passenger door speaker (not the tweeter) is pissin' me off...farts and pops and blahh.....anyways, I'd rather just slap a new OEM speaker in there for the time being. I searched GMpartsdirect.com and saw there were 2 different systems, a 6 speaker and an 8 speaker system. The Monsoon is the 8? Didn't know if it was different for coupes and sedans...(think i read that somewhere). Anyways, a part number would probably be best. Thanks in advance.

-Anthony
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Re: OEM Pass. Door Speaker Part #

I'd have to double check but I believe the Monsoon systems are 8 speakers. I have a sedan and mine is an 8. I would imagine though that the front speaker would be the same size regardless, but don't hold me to that. Speaker sizes are in that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11148
    Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
    I <3 Cody.

No homo.
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

monsoon is 8 and the passenger door speaker gets you all 3 in the door

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Monsoon has 8 speakers and tweeters are alway in front door as well as a door speaker but there are differences depending on body style.

For sedan each of the speakers on rear shelf counts as 2 speakers (you can see 4-way connector and 4 wires to each). The extra wires are for the subwoofer.

The coupe is set up the same way as sedan but the front door speaker housing is common with the convertible and so has provisions for another speaker. But you still have 4 speakers on rear shelf and only 2 in each front door.

The convertible (with no rear shelf) moves the subwoofer speaker into the front door and the rear speakers are located in rear quarter panel trim outboard of rear seats.

The front door speaker for Monsoon system is actually different for each body style.

The speaker you would be replacing is only a single speaker but Monsoon system would be a different P/N from the base system speaker. After looking at GMpartsDirect I see you can replace the speaker by itself (without housing) which is why they don't have to distinguish between body styles.

Comment

Working...
        X