Black G6 GTP convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black G6 GTP convertible

Here's the first couple pics of my G6 GTP convertible. I've been eyeing up the G6 since March but decided to hold out for the drop top. I love hard top convertibles and this car exceeded my expectations and more! For the price it is by far the best convertible on the market if you ask me.

These pics barely do her justice but I didn't see any up yet so I figured I'd post them. I will take her to the beach for a topless photoshoot in a week or two.

I just picked it up Friday but I'm considering some mods of course. Window tint is my main priority, but I am also considering upgrading the wheels (might stick with 18s until I need new tires, then I'll go for 19s or 20s) as well as debadging, tail light tint, and blacking out the headlights. Oh, and HIDs are a must. Any other suggestions?

It appears I'm no longer the only one on these boards with a GTP convertible... Oh well, I knew it wouldn't last forever. At least I'll always be the first. Anyways, welcome to the site, and the ride looks good. We'll have to put our heads together about mods, what looks good, what doesn't, etc. I think you and I are it as far as convertibles go. That makes us best friends INSTANTLY.
    Check Out My Internet Radio Show, Streaming At www.live365.com/stations/erndawg101

Or Download The Podcast Of Each Show at www.inthewolvesden.com

Comment

Nice to meet you...Friend!

You've got one up on me. Blue with black interior would've been my first color choice. However I'm a real sucker for black and when I saw the black with tan/black leather I just jumped right on it.

I'm gonna be reading up and looking into some mod ideas all week. It's beautiful stock but it will be a work of art with a little fine tuning!

Comment

WOW!

looks awesome!!!
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by whereismyg6
          Nice to meet you...Friend!

You've got one up on me. Blue with black interior would've been my first color choice. However I'm a real sucker for black and when I saw the black with tan/black leather I just jumped right on it.

I'm gonna be reading up and looking into some mod ideas all week. It's beautiful stock but it will be a work of art with a little fine tuning!
          Well, that actually makes us even, cause you have one up on my as well considering you have yours and I'm still awaiting delivery.
          Check Out My Internet Radio Show, Streaming At www.live365.com/stations/erndawg101

Or Download The Podcast Of Each Show at www.inthewolvesden.com

Comment

I've been wondering what it was about the hard top that I didn't like. I couldn't quite put my finger on it until now.

The chrome at the bottom of the windows has to go!

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

i definately agree with getting rid of that chrome...welcome to the site though
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Niiiiiiiice!! Congrats on the new car

I have a convertible too....

...a poster of it on my wall in my bedroom
                2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                  Niiiiiiiice!! Congrats on the new car

I have a convertible too....

...a poster of it on my wall in my bedroom

Car looks sweet! good luck with it
                  06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

Lookin' good! Man, maybe I shoulda waited for the convertible. Oh well. I agree though, I'd look into getting rid of that chrome.
                    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Looks great! But to bad they really killed the HP on the convertibles! However I think it’ll be easy to gain back!
                      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

That looks hawt. Nice.

Comment

Nice car! I kinda like that chrome strip on the side, it breaks up all the black a bit. Welcome!
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

With the windows up it'd probably look better without the chrome strip, but with the top down it definitely looks great.

I didn't know they killed the HP on these. This is the GTP and it's definitely a powerful car. I don't need too much power (not looking for speeding tickets!) but this provides enough excitement. It feels great on curves!

I'm leaning towards not debadging. If I do it will be just the 'PONTIAC G6' part but frankly I don't care enough to do it so I'll probably leave it. I am going to tint it real soon though, and get a HID kit once I look into that more. I'd also like to tint the tail lights but we'll see. It's not a project car and I don't want to put a ton of money into it..

Thanks for all the comments though! More pics soon!

Comment

GTP regular is 240...
                              GTP Vert is 227...

John
                              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                              X