Recliner handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recliner handle

I have a 2006 GT coupe and the drivers side recliner handle broke. I need the part number to replace it as i frequently have rear passengers and i currently use a pair of vice grips to move the seat back. I can post a picture of the part soon if anybody needs clarification of the actual part. Or better yet is this covered under warranty because if it is ill take it to the dealership.

Re: Recliner handle

It will be covered under warranty.

Comment

thanks for the quick response

Comment

My passenger side one broke. And I'm out of warranty

Comment

I've seen this a few times on the forum. Is everyone so hulking huge that they just rip the handles off?

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Nope, the handles are just not very well built.

Comment

i don't know mine was broke when i got it but i can see it wasn't well built. It isn't exactly the handle its the little circle that holds the little square twisty thinger.. (great explanitory words i know)

Comment

Does anyone have a part number for this, I could use a couple of these.

Comment

I found these on another thread and remember, the search feature is a forum member's best friend.
                  part numbers:

driver side:
                  ebony: 10357997
                  taupe: 22718592

passenger:
                  ebony: 10357979
                  taupe: 22718530
                  Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
                  Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

no its very thin plastic that is holding it all together both of mine were broke to. I may have still been in warrenty when i did this but I did it anyway. The metal stem that come out of the seat i drilled a little pit into 2 of the sides of it(gives the weld a little bit to hold onto and then just got some jb weld and welded the things back on in the correct position. that was 2 years ago and havent had an issue yet. I figured no point in getting new ones because they would just do the same plus this was is way sturdier and if you break it you need to lay off the weights lol

Comment

Newbie here, and I just picked up a 2006 coupe and both seat handles are broke. I will be doing an up grade on these made out of aluminium. Anyone else have ideas?

Comment

ya make sure whoever makes those out of aluminum for you makes about 50 extras so you can sell them to everyone on here who asks at twice the cost !!

Comment

no ideas but my driver sides broken as well... real pain in the arse.... (not litterally)
                          2006 g6 gtp 3.9 liter 6 speed man.
                          k&n + cold air intake
                          magnaflow cat-back exhaust
                          Vector Performance chip

Comment

UPDATE: The caster charges $100 for casting, but that's just for one maybe two. Once he has the mold he can cast many. He says about $200 for 10 (5 sets of left and right), so $20 each for a raw casting. Then I would have to do the machining and polishing, so we are at about $75 each. I'm thinking that polished aluminium with a set screw is the way to go. I could maybe have them made a bit smaller too, but keeping with the same looks.

Comment

Working...
                            X