• Anyone have any info on this TSB?

Make : PONTIAC Model : G6 Year : 2006

Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP.

Service Bulletin Number : 060849008

Date of Bulletin : MAR 01, 2006

NHTSA Item Number : 10019896

Component : FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER:STORAGE:FUEL GAUGE SYSTEM

Summary :
    ERRATIC FUEL GAUGE (DOES NOT GO TO FULL OR MOVES OFF FULL TOO QUICKLY) (REPROGRAM PCM).

Similar TSBs were listed....#3712 and #3712A
    ------------

I know what it says but I'm just curious whether anyone has run into this problem and what symptoms they had.
    I noticed that sometimes when I fill up my guage reads full and then after about 3 mins of driving it drops down drastically. Also when I get the to the bottom of the guage....I go from 1/4 to almost empty in no time flat. Sound like this TSB or is the last 1/4 - empty portion really that small?
    <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Re: Anyone have any info on this TSB?

Couple other threads around I am sure, but yeah some have had that problem.

Comment

well thats about what it says in the text

#06-08-49-008A: Erratic Fuel Gage (Does Not Go To Full or Moves Off Full Too Quickly) (Reprogram PCM) - (Apr 12, 2006)

Subject: Erratic Fuel Gauge (Does Not Go To Full or Moves Off Full Too Quickly) (Reprogram PCM)

Models: 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

2006 Pontiac G6

with 3.5L Engine (VIN 8 -- RPO LX9)

Built Prior to January 12, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the labor operation code. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-49-008 (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
      Some customers may comment that the fuel gauge is erratic (does not go to Full or moves off Full too quickly).

Cause
      This condition may be caused by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) calibration.

Correction
      Important: The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve may need to be updated before reprogramming the PCM. Refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 06-06-04-002A to determine which type of EGR valve is on the vehicle being serviced.

Technicians are to reprogram the PCM with an updated calibration using one of the following procedures:

• On 2006 model year vehicles built with the 3.5L (LX9) engine and a Delphi EGR valve, replace the original Delphi EGR valve with the new Siemens EGR valve kit (P/N 89018175). Install the new Siemens EGR valve, tube and harness connector. Refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 06-06-04-002A and then reprogram the PCM using the updated calibration.

• On 2006 model year vehicles built with the 3.5L (LX9) engine and a Siemens EGR valve, do not replace the EGR valve - just reprogram the PCM using the updated calibration.

Refer to the Engine Control Module Programming and Setup (3.5 or 3.9) procedure in SI for more information.

cool looks like you may need a new EGR valve depending on which one you currently have yay GM

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

WTF is wrong with me??? I searched for I don't even know how long and found nothing! lmao

Maybe I'm using the search wrong or something lol
        <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Took me like 10 seconds.

Learn to master the interwebs.

Comment

Lemme try again....lol

Fine! Now that I searched erratic, I got results. Hmph!
            <----Got a red 6?

Comment

Working...
            X