HOW TO Request: AHL Disable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO Request: AHL Disable

How would one disable the automatic head lights (AHL). My DRL's are already disabled, as I did that by pulling the DRL fuse. I just want to automatic head light option gone, I want to turn them on myself. HELP!

Re: HOW TO Request: AHL Disable

Turn the stick thing (left one)on the steering column to off.
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

I meant permanently. I know how to use the headlight switch, but I want the auto function OFF, completely.

Comment

if you dont mind me asking y do you want to do that

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I'm guessing he doesn't want to blow his HID's?
          Blue Man Group

Comment

The auto headlights wouldn't hurt the HIDs

Comment

They constantly turn the HID's off and on when I go underbridges, tunnels, etc... You really not suppose to flip them off and on constantly are you?
              Blue Man Group

Comment

Well no, you're not supposed to flip them on and off, but I don't think the amount of on/off action you get from normal driving would hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                  Well no, you're not supposed to flip them on and off, but I don't think the amount of on/off action you get from normal driving would hurt them.
                  :agreed

When i had HIDs on my vibe, I left auto lights enabled, and they would go on and off multiple times throughout the day...no problems ever came up.
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Actually I can't see the AHL being a problem. I don't have HIDs, but I notice the switchover to headlamp on passing by bridges is rather slow and actually rarely happens. I've only seen it switch over when I'm stuck in traffic. Passing by it never turned on.
                    <-- Gray G6? Click!
                    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

This is meeh... Do what i do I just turn my parking lights on during the day, then your DLR's arnt running

Comment

Aftermarket balasts typically cannot stand up to hot restrike, which is the turning on and off of the lights. If you use OEM balasts (typically only in a projector retrofit), they are made to stand up to hot restrike. OEM balasts > aftermarket!
                        2008 Cobalt SS/TC

14 flat @ 30mpg

Comment

Working...
                        X