VMS ECM/TCM purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMS ECM/TCM purchase

Sooooo I have not even started making payments on the SS yet (1st one is June 16th), but figured I better get the VMS ECM/TCM tune before I start! I requested the 93 Octane tune, though it'll cost me $4.29 a gallon, what's thirty cents a gallon at this point anyways ($4.80 more than regular rat piss on a full tank) ...but hey maybe I'll get a few more MPG's! I think the Bu SS is very quick bone stock, but I am hoping this will open up the dead spots throughout the powerband. What types of results have you guys seen with the VMS ECM/TCM tunes?? After this the only mods I plan on doing are a CAI made specifically for the Malibu SS (seems like I may have to fab one up myself), suspension upgrades and tints ...I'm excited and a big thanks to GTPprix!!

Re: VMS ECM/TCM purchase

what? the cai out for the g6 should work on the mailbu. so you could use that

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

mind you that thing doesnt fit right on a 3.9... it fits, but looks off and needs a different elbow

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Do any other possible mods BEFORE investing in a PCM or at least tell Chris to program the PCM for those mods and then install it.

Comment

Believe it or not i actually didnt see an increase in MPG...weird!

Oh and whatever you do MAKE sure you do the key relearn regardless if it turns on after the new ecm/tcm is in....

I didnt do it because it fired up fine without doing the relearn...well a couple days ago when i tried to turn on via remote start started making this short circuiting noise from the engine bay and the security light turned on in the cluster. Did the key relearn right then and there and problem solved

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

I ordered the tune last week through the crazy buy, so I'll have to post results when I get it. We can compare notes

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with this. I have looked into them somewhat extensively, and couldnt make up my mind as to which one to get. And honestly, Im a little worried about doing it. im concerned about the warranty and such... please let me know how you both make out... also take pics.
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Will do. My warranty is up in about 1500 miles anyway, I'm taking it to the dealer Sat for a final look over. Got a whole laundry list for them

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Working...
                X