Interior lights????!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior lights????!!!

hi what up... Got another noob question...

I kno I seen a picture of a guy swap out the red interior lights with blue... But I havnt found the how to.. Wanted to swap ALL the red dash lights...window switchs all red to purple

Can someone send the link on how to or the link to the guy with the blue interior lights

Re: Interior lights????!!!

doing that would require taking apart all the switches and soldering in purrple LEDs in there place. i dont remember who it was but its alot of work

swaping the dome lights is easy though and has been done alot

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

idk but this guy did his cluster blue and his switches white. It looks freaking awesome. I wish he had done a write up

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491

Blue Man Group

Comment

If you have good solder skills it can be easily done, it's just a matter of replacing the surface led. Time consuming yes, but not overly difficult if you can solder smaller things.

Comment

Is that an LED behind the mileage counter? It doesn't seem like it
          Blue Man Group

Comment

if you do this let me know? Im intresting in going purple my self

if its only soldering and replacing led's, it seems simple just time consuming. I know some one that can do all this for me. But i need to know how long it would take so i can rate his pay correctly

Comment

I'm not sure were to buy purple LEDs tho... If I could get them then start askings around I'll post up as much info I could but right now just starting on a clean slate

Comment

That blue does look good, but you would have to do the radio lights like that too for it to look right.
                Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

He did.
                  Blue Man Group

Comment

I did this in my Grand am GT. It was a long project that had me driving around with no interior for a while, then no lights for a while and then no swithes. I change from red to blue. It look great when it was done, but it was the biggest PITA. Most of the lights in the switches are little bulbs with a red rubber over them, not LED's. Then they are set real low in the doors and run the light up to the switches through tubes (almost like shining lights through a straw). Then I did the heater controls and wound up replacing the spedo with a aftermarket blue one. Looks great when done, but prepare for a long haul with cutting wires soldering in resistors and in some cases 2 wires go into one and you have to figure out which one has to be removed. If somebody does these, make sure you look over wiring diagrams, and do a write up, because I love torturing myself by doing these thing and getting half way through them and saying, WHY, why did I do this.

Comment

That guage cluster looks fucking amazing! He needs gas tho
                      I wish I could change my interior lights to blue. I'm not a huge fan of red

Originally posted by Meehdabeautiful
                      if you do this let me know? Im intresting in going purple my self

if its only soldering and replacing led's, it seems simple just time consuming. I know some one that can do all this for me. But i need to know how long it would take so i can rate his pay correctly
                      Johny wouldn't require any pay! lol
                      <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

I noticed 2 things in that thread....

1: Pooners hijacked the thread! lmao

Originally Posted by Pooners
                        Also...That looks like the same Alpine that I just installed in my Son's ZX2.
                        Does it have XM built in? His does. Its the shizzzz....

There is a hook up in the back for the MP3 but how do you switch
                        between the modes? When the iPod is hooked up we cant get it
                        to recognise it....?????
                        2: Nate was making us known to those who didn't know us

Originally Posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                        Well, I know frot he G6Performance forum there is quite a demand for this how-to. I would love to see some pics and find out the details of what LED's you used. I know http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm has 5mm and 3mm high flux bulbs that should be direct replacements for what is on the cluster. At least they look like the ones in http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/P9160001.jpg which I have also attached to this post. What did you use? Thanks!

Nate
                        <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

I posted this up a few days ago and now my temp control light is out... I think my car has a little midegt inside and knows what I say so it starts to f with me.... So I guess I gatta do this project soon b4 all my lights go out...

I like red mayb cuz I never had it but I just want my own g6... Does anyone think it would be cheaper to buy the switchs and cluster and change them after I buy new ones and just have 2 sets?

Comment

I honestly have no idea but I'm thinking it may be "safer" to have a back up?
                            <----Got a red 6?

Comment

it would be kinds cool to swap out what ever you want... One day in the mood for blue or one day red... I think I just made a idea for a product... Buy all gm parts swap out the colors and sell them pure profit...plus every one can buy diff gages but you don't see switchs or ac controls

Comment

Working...
                              X