GTR exhaust and GM warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR exhaust and GM warranty

I took a trip to the Stealership yesterday to get a oil change. I asked the service guy that I was thinking of putting a new exhaust system on the 6. He started telling me that if I do that I might void the exhaust warranty. I didn't even know I had a warranty on the exhaust. I always thought the exhaust was like the tires, brakes which don't carry a warranty.

I am doing it either way, I can give 2 shi*s on a exhaust warranty, has anyone had an issue with the Stealership and certian mods?
    MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Re: GTR exhaust and GM warranty

I have not had any problems with warranty claims after installing the GT-R on my car.

Comment

Your vehicle has the 36 mo or 36,000mile warranty on it. That covered everything including exhaust. The exhaust.. some components.. I know have a warranty a bit longer than that... however the warranty on the exhaust is up when you throw any "Aftermarket" exhaust on. All the warranty would have done is they would fix it for free if it rusts or something. The GT-R however, if you get the stainless steel version, will never rust.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

...and Sam guarantees his exhaust for a year anyway, so no worries
        ? CRAB CAB Intake (Lampoon)
        ? GT-R Exhaust (GT-R)
        ? Kustom Dekalz Overlays (Schenko)
        ? Twin 12" JL W6-V2 subs ?
        ? Dynoed @ 207.4 WHP & 215.1 Ft-Lb

Comment

I wouldn't expect them to cover that. I read that as meaning that if you put on the GTR and something goes wrong with it, the dealership won't fix it under warranty which makes perfect sense since they didn't make the thing.

I only wonder if they would give any grief if something would(by a very slim chance) happen to your cat or headers or something.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

I have the GT-R exhaust(among many other mods) and just had some warranty work done two days ago, no questions asked.

EDIT: Sorry I should be more speific, the warranty work I had done had nothing to do with the exhaust. If something were to go wrong with the exhaust or anything it directly affects or is attached to, I wouldn't expect GM to cover it.

Comment

because the gt-r exhaust is a cat-back exhaust it voids no warranty. If something blows in the headers its the engines fault not the exhaust. This should still be covered. As long as the exhaust is cat-back in any make and model it shouldn't void any warranty

Comment

Originally posted by scuba264
                I wouldn't expect them to cover that. I read that as meaning that if you put on the GTR and something goes wrong with it, the dealership won't fix it under warranty which makes perfect sense since they didn't make the thing.

I only wonder if they would give any grief if something would(by a very slim chance) happen to your cat or headers or something.
                well if my glass pack and side pipe don't screw up my motor, I don't see how a gtr would hurt anything. So I say go for it.

Comment

Working...
                X