Grill Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill Removal

Has anyone removed either the front grill or lower fascia thing with the fogs? Spent about an hour tonight looking these over and haven't really figured out where to start. I think I have the lower fascia figured out as removing that lower air dam piece should reveal the crap holding it in, but the front grill itself... any idea? Does it just snap in there ala' Grand Prix like?? ANy general pointers between now and tommorow afternoon would be apprecated as I'll ripping those bad boys out for some paint treatment.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Front grille is veerrryyy simple. Just take a screwdriver (be careful not to scratch your paint) and pry along the outside edge of the chrome fitting that surrounds the girlle. There are 2 tabes on each side (2 on top, 2 on the right etc...) and they are spaced about 1-2"s from the corners of the peice. Once you get that off, just a matter of hooking the grille and prying it out.

Hope I helped
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I know he already figured it out But I'd rather loosen the front bumper with those plastic clips on top and just fit my hand behind there and pull the tabs out that way

Mike
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
        I know he already figured it out But I'd rather loosen the front bumper with those plastic clips on top and just fit my hand behind there and pull the tabs out that way

Mike
        Then you dont have to worry about scratching the paint, its a trade off-fast and risky or a little more time and safe.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
          Originally posted by GTPGuy82

Mike
          Then you dont have to worry about scratching the paint, its a trade off-fast and risky or a little more time and safe.
          You WILL scratch the paint using a screwdriver PERIOD and if you do not pop the top 4 clips out by hand from behind FIRST. Also, there is NO WAY possible for you to pop the remaining clips from behind unless you completly remove the bumper. I have small hands and I could not even fit them down there to do it. Invest in a plastic nylon coated panel popper (dealerships swear by them!!) and it will do you GREAT justice. Only a few bucks and can be had almost anywhere like car audio stores and Pepboys stores.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Re: Grill Removal

hmm...I know this thread was made like 6 years ago but I just got my g6 and I really need a grille replacement. I'm still unsure of which way to go...I tried to remove it by hand but...those metal clips were not working in my favor....and I really do not want to mess up my paint job

G6's are like, awesome!

Comment

There's a how-to on this now bro..and I'm not going to be the last one to tell you this but it always helps to use the search feature first..welcome though
              Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Comment

First go here

Then go here

lastly here

sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Well thanks guys, I am still a noob on this site so I appreciate you working with me instead of biting my had off. After all, it's all about le G6 perfection.

G6's are like, awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X