Anyone have satellite radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have satellite radio?

Can anyone show pics on where they mounted thiers?

Is it easy to hide whatever type of wires there are?
    And how come the Sirius Starmate doesn't come in red!? Think it will?

Might not be very helpful but I just have the factory XM option. But if you are talking about G6 in general you could it installed like factory at your dealer.

If you want a different unit they are pretty easy to mount up. Wires are a issue but you can tuck them away somewhere, they are pretty easy to hide.

Hope that helps at least a little.

Comment

i have XM from the factory.. look between the sunroof and the windsheild.. the little black box

[/img]
      Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

Are you talking about mounting the antenna or the aftermarket unit? Here's a link to some pics I found on the owner's club for the roady.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/adamandta ... .dir=/e680

On my Cirrus I ran the antenna up through the roof and out the sunroof. Worked well. I've also run it back through the trunk and put the antenna there.
        ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

If theres already a chip out for 119 dollars that goes on the XM unit that changes it completly to Sirus without a hard ware change but its not avaible for the boxes on the G6 yet. Cuz I hate XM, think sirus is alot better. But its avalible for altmost all the other GM vechiles. If you go to Sirus's web site and contact costumer suport, they can direct you to the company that sales them but I forget the website now.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
            Are you talking about mounting the antenna or the aftermarket unit?

On my Cirrus I ran the antenna up through the roof and out the sunroof. Worked well. I've also run it back through the trunk and put the antenna there.
            I'm asking about mounting the actual unit in your car.

You have 2 antennas? I'm confused, sorry.
            I really like the Sirius Starmate, being that it's the smallest but I really don't like that it's in blue.

Comment

I mounted mine on the package tray inside the car, between the rear speakers. I put a piece of velcro on the bottom of it, and stuck it down. works fine for me. I also use an adaper that goes inline with the antenna so that when the sat. radio is turned on, it shuts off the fm antenna=cd quality clear sound(mine is fm modulated)
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Originally posted by rose0295

I really like the Sirius Starmate, being that it's the smallest but I really don't like that it's in blue.
                i think he is refering to antenna locations in two seperate cars that he has done in the past.

Comment

Down with XM. Up with Sirius!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

the fact that Howard Stern is on Sirius is reason enough for me to not subscribe. i have never listened to Sirius though so i don't know how they compare to XM.

Comment

I don't know how people can stand the sirius honestly. Their sound quality has been awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                        I don't know how people can stand the sirius honestly. Their sound quality has been awful.
                        I've never had a problem.
                        Originally posted by TLS2000
                        It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Originally posted by MONTERACER
                          Originally posted by Interfire
                          I've never had a problem.

I had Sirius for a year. I compared it to the XM in the 6er and hands down the quality of sound is much better on XM. So I dropped Sirius. And Im with Brian. I cant stand howerd stern. So that was reason enough for me to drop it.
                          Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                            Originally posted by rose0295

i think he is refering to antenna locations in two seperate cars that he has done in the past.
                            Actually I'm talking about the same car. First I mounted the antenna through the sunroof. Then the sunroof quit working. Then my antenna went bad. So since I couldn't open the sunroof anymore, I went through the trunk with my new antenna.
                            ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

stern makes me wanna vomit. and i agree that sirius has been kinda crappy

i much prefer cd's anyways :P

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Working...
                              X