someone please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone please help

arite so today i was washing my car and im doing the wheels...i was using a dishwasher sponge to clean the insides...i went inside for a second to get wax and i come out to find my dad scrubbing my wheels. I immediately noticed that he used the green (rough) side of the sponge on the outside of my flangeless wheels. Luckily he only did the one wheel but i was pissed. Now there are scratches all over the outer(shiny) part of the rim. I have no idea what to do or even if this can be fixed. Someone please let me know what to do, if i can do something. I really do not have the money to buy a new wheel.

Mods: 35% tint in front, 20% in rear, debadged, smoked tails, red LED underdash lights, 10" Kicker sub, Kicker ZX200.2 amp, painted red brake calipers, white LED license plate light, CRAB CAB, lower grille chrome accents, Avital 2100 alarm system, Ratek 8000k HID lows, 3000k Blue Zone fogs, PAC integrated iPod adapter

Re: someone please help

pics would help but it dosent sound good.
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

i have pics idk how to post them tho...i am new at this...every time i hit this img thing some text comes up and idk what to do

Mods: 35% tint in front, 20% in rear, debadged, smoked tails, red LED underdash lights, 10" Kicker sub, Kicker ZX200.2 amp, painted red brake calipers, white LED license plate light, CRAB CAB, lower grille chrome accents, Avital 2100 alarm system, Ratek 8000k HID lows, 3000k Blue Zone fogs, PAC integrated iPod adapter

Comment

you have to upload them to a website like photobucket.com then you can copy the file code from there onto here.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
        Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
        Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
        -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

sorry the pics are a little blurry...it looks like swirl marks but worse. i dont know what to do

Comment

There are a couple of scratch remover products. I like Mothers california gold scratch remover. It should polish the scratches pretty easy. Much easier if you get the wheel off and put it flat on a bench so you can concentrate on the scratches.
            Interfire would recommend Meguires scratch remover. Either way, both good products.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Get some polish and rub rub rub, don't worry they'll come out you'll just need to put some elbow grease into it. If you had a machine, I'm assuming you don't but it would be a lot easier. I removed dealer installed swirls on my wheels with 3M fine cut polish and my PC, it's a combo I usually rely on for such things. Get a detailing terry cloth to use it with, it'll have much more bite than a sponge applicator.

Comment

can anyone recommend a good product that would be good for this situation? someone said scratch remover another said polish...is there an ideal brand or product i should use on the wheel since they tend to be sensitive to some products?

Comment

Scratch remover and polish are similar products. You can try a scratch remover like Scratch-X, but like Interfire said you really have to work it in and make several passes before the scratches come out.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmush44
                    can anyone recommend a good product that would be good for this situation? someone said scratch remover another said polish...is there an ideal brand or product i should use on the wheel since they tend to be sensitive to some products?
                    I posted the answer to your question already.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmush44
                      Scratch remover is really just another name for a polish, pretty much the only difference is the level of abrasiveness.

If you are working by hand Scratch-x is what I usually recommend since it's very easy and straight forward to use, but really it's just a matter of what you can find usually.

Comment

i got scratch-x today...tried it real quick because i only had about ten minutes...it didnt work out too well but im going to try again tomorrow with a terry cloth towel

Comment

Make sure the wheel is clean before you try it.

Comment

Good to know... My wheels suffered the same when my sister thought she would be nice and wash my car for me... Worst part was that I had to thank her after... Didn't have the heart to tell her that she scratched the rims...

Comment

You sir, are a gentlemen.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Working...
                              X