PS question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS question...

Is there any way to have a background transperant? I mean to display outside of photoshop. I make the background transparent but when I view the image outside of PS its always white
    <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Re: PS question...

Where are you bringing the photo?

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
      Where are you bringing the photo?
      Not sure what you mean. I mean when I save an image and just open it off of my desktop. Or when I changed a smiley and tried to upload it here it was displaying a white background.
      <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

you answered my question. Unfortunetly there is no real good way of making a transparent background that is useable outside of certain applications such as photoshop and a few others. The computer will automatically add a surrounding box around a picture to "square" it off and the void space will be defaulted to white. In the case of smilies such as animated ones they are set up differently allowing them to have "no" background. Again this will only work with certain applications. I have some smilies that come up with a white background and others that are transparent. I hope this helps some.

Comment

Well technically it doesn't "help" lol but it does answer my question
          <----Got a red 6?

Comment

Try saving as a GIF
            A whole lot of mods and a freakin lesbo after me....
            Originally posted by 08blackgt
            hahaha i fukin love Darlene

Comment

Originally posted by acxdarlene
              Try saving as a GIF
              +1

yes, it's an option for .gif format. Also .png will work. PNG is better in terms of quality (u can save transparent gradients with png), but might be less standard and not recognized by some browsers.

example of png:

jpeg equiv:

Does the png (first one) work?

Comment

internet explorer + .png = hell

not all versions, but certain versions (and certain installs of some versions) It's a whore.... IE is a whore for html and the web period. It's so bad for it...

Anyway.... yes....

png pwnz.. just sucks with ie.
                The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

IE is a whore period!

Works fine in Firefox.

Thanx
                  <----Got a red 6?

Comment

Working...
                  X