engine clean up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine clean up

hey guys i'm trying to wash clean my engine because it's all dusty and i was wondering if i have to cover any part at all

Re: engine clean up

not really just do it while its running. you dont want the distributor cap wetting while its off cuz the car wont start until its dry. and if you use a pressure washer do it from a distance. thats how i do mine. never had a problem.

also use a good degreaser and hand scrub parts you can get to, you will get better results
    its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

I need to clean my engine too I'm just always worried that I'm gonna flood something and f up my engine! lol
      <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Don't do it when the engine is hot. You don't really want to splash cold water on hot engine parts.

Some people cover their alternator, I never have though. Just don't spray water at it directly.

Do you have a CAB or CAI? Cover up the filter with a grocery bag or something if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbzino
          I need to clean my engine too I'm just always worried that I'm gonna flood something and f up my engine! lol
          but it is useless because the parking lot at my work is crazy dusty.
          Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

I do it once a week.

drive to the car wash and hose everything down - no problems.
            2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
            Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
              I do it once a week.

drive to the car wash and hose everything down - no problems.

thank for the help guys.

Comment

Aren't you supposed to cover the battery, intake, and ignition coil?
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i never have... i mean i don't sit there and spray large amounts of water at my alternator or anything. i throw some degreaser(kind in the car wash system) let it sit, go to the tires with it, and come back and spray it all off - no problems.
                  2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                  Black/Black coupe

Comment

For low pressure water you are not really gonna hurt anything, I would stay away from the filter though. High pressure you will want to be more careful, and not to spray critical areas with high pressure and stay farther back.

Comment

Working...
                    X