Photoshopped racing stripes and side mirror leds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshopped racing stripes and side mirror leds

So I was bored and started thinking about racing stripes. What do you think about this quick photoshop? It could be cool or come off as super gay. Not really sure haha. I'm tempted to try out some vinyl and see what happens. Either white or a light silver color would be best I think.

I also shopped in some led turn signals into the side mirror. This is somthing I'm almost 100% gonna do. I have a few amber colored LED strips sitting at home right now that I ordered and I'm looking at them tonight to make sure its something I want before I start drilling holes in my car.

Whatcha think?

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Re: Photoshopped racing stripes and side mirror leds

I personally think that the turn signals should be white. Looks good though.
    ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
      I personally think that the turn signals should be white. Looks good though.
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

IMO, racing stripes are way too overdone. Seems like every pos type car has them, or at least around where I live. I've yet to see a race car that has racing stripes. Plus racing stripes also say to cops "hey give me a bunch of unwanted attention and harass me as much as you can, cause I like to drive fast."

Why not do a stripe down the side of your car? do a variation of the starsky-n-hutch el-torino's stripe. That would look cool.

Comment

I like the stripes, I didnt think I would at first. Miror is cool too, I say good for it.

BTW Some of the baddest race cars do have stripes...shelby's
          DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

I love the look. Been thinking about it myself, except yellow ones.

Suggestions:

1. Fire the installer He did a terrible job on your roof ones
            2. Maybe paint the mirrors to match the car?
            3. Eye lids. Hey its photoshop, we can all all we want for free
            4. Chrome (alteza) tails

Nice job already tho.

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
            Originally posted by shi-fu
            Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

Ha, thanks light.

1. My installer Juan was legally blind and drunk but needed the cash. Please leave him be.
              2. I'm back and forth on paint matching them. I like the look when people do it, but I like having the contrast there. We'll see about that one. Calipers are probably the first painting gettin done now that springs coming.
              3. I'm not too interested in eyelids. Just not really my thing. Although I have been looking at some DIY methods that I could work some angel eyes...
              4. I have the altezzas you have, this is just an old pic. I remember because you installed them the same weekend I did and posted like 3 hours before I could so I looked like the schlub with sloppy seconds

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Juan has Parkinsons' too it looks like...

I really like the LED's in the mirror.

I don't know if I care for the stripe, but it's not bad - it looks ok.....

Comment

I like the Led's and I think the racing stripes look good but hey have to flow with the grills in the front just right.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

well if your gonna do the stripes, don't run them down the front bumper. Just have them stop at the front of the hood. I think that would look okay.

I couldn't find a pic of your car, so I just used the one from above.
                    this is what I meant about the starsky and hutch type stripe.

Comment

there was a thead a while back and i posted some ebay links, if anyone can find it for ya.
                      ps3 wont let me copy & past stuff
                      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

I was thinking about doing pin stripes on my MPD hood. Still not sure though. If I did it would be the SAME style on the WS6 hood Tran's Am's....
                        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                        2005 CGM GTO.
                        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I'm not digging the strips, but I have never been a strip person so that might just be me

I love the turn signals.
                          Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                            well if your gonna do the stripes, don't run them down the front bumper. Just have them stop at the front of the hood. I think that would look okay.
                            agreed i would just do the hood roof and trunk

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I actually like the look of the stripes.....minus the part on the front bumper(between upper and lower grills). Other then that, I think it looks great! And the led turn signals on the mirrors looks really good. I definitly like those.

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                              Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Working...
                              X