Removing the Front Licence Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the Front Licence Plate

I am planning to temporarily (it's legally required to have a front licence plate in Ontario, Canada) remove my front licence plate so that I can install a Razzi Ground FX kit? Can someone explain to me how best to do this?

Thanks. I used the search feature and couldn't find what I was looking for.

G
    Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
    Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

Re: Removing the Front Licence Plate

Anybody?

G
    Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood

Comment

drill the heads off rivets and take it off

shouldnt be to hard a task, if you drill the head off the rivet the rest should just fall out(or push out)

Comment

just don't make the holes too big.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yes, because I need to be able to get the plate holder back on (otherwise it's illegal). I thought that the rivets could just unscrew and then screw back on.

G

Comment

If the rivet holes are small enough, you could always get a few screws and put them in place to hold the plate holder back on the bumper as needed. Mines held on by 4 screws, no rivets for me.

Comment

you dont have to drill all the way thru the rivet. just knock the head of it off. then rest will fall off and leave hole same size. replace with bolts or rivets and you are set

Comment

I live in NB and I just put my front license plate in my front window. Haven't been hassled by the cops so far. I'm gonna call the local pd and see if its actually legal to do so before I get the screwholes in my bumper filled in.
                2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
                Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

does anybody know in NY State if its required to have a front licnese plate, i think it is but im not 100% sure. if it is illegal can i just put it in my front windshield????

where can i find out this information????
                  2005 G6 Sedan aka FReSH G6

Nightriders Page
                  My Car Domain

Comment

Call your police department or the DMV or just do it anyways as long as its on the front of your car(ie windshield) you should be fine. I've passed the police a few times so far and they never stopped me for it.
                    2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
                    Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

i took it off and it looks pretty good the only bad thing is the four holes that it leaves gotta get something to fill those in with
                      2005 G6 Sedan aka FReSH G6

Nightriders Page
                      My Car Domain

Comment

Thanks for the tips in removing the licence plate rivets. Your explanation really helped but I also found this link for those who require diagram of an explanation.

Comment

Working...
                        X