Painted Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Calipers

So, Ive decided that its time to paint my calipers... the decision that I'm having trouble making, is "what color??" Ive decided to enlist the help of all G6 enthusiasts (even tho I drive a Malibu Maxx SS)
    Ps: Can all those that have already painted their calipers mind telling me what type of paint they used. I really dont want to use spray if I can avoid it. Im thinking that high temp would be good. I was looking today at actual caliper paint, but it only came in spray.
    Thanks for all the help in advance.
    Bright red
    0.00%
    Dark Red
    71.43%
    Lime Green
    21.43%
    Burgundy
    7.14%
    Royal Blue
    0.00%
    Black
    0.00%
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Re: Painted Calipers

i think a nice bright red color would look pretty sweet on a white car.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

By the way... I was gonna post a few pics, but im new to this whole forum thing and am not sure how
      someone please tell me how
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

I chose the dark red. That sounds like it would look cool on white.
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

i agree with lampoon, the dark red would probably look really good. next time i have my wheels off i think i'm going to do mine with the duplicolor red kit, that seems to get good reviews around here (although they mentioned the included brush sucks, so you might want to pick up another one from a craft store)

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

I painted mine bright red with an Ivory White G6. Looks great. You can get the entire kit from Duplicolor. It comes with masking tape, paint brush and brake cleaner . One can will do all the calipers with 3/4 of the can left over. The kit cost anywhere from $12.00-$18.00 depending where you shop. Mine came from Pep Boys. The kit is also available from Autozone and I even saw it in the auto section of Walmart.

Comment

What? No purple? OK red then

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I've done red on a white car before and hated it, so I said safe black.

As for the paint just get a caliper paint kit like Duplicolor.

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                  i think a nice bright red color would look pretty sweet on a white car.
                  yes go with red i also have a white car and red calibers just stand out heres a couple pics of my calibers the paint i used was from dupicolor it's a kit..it's great!!!!! It comes with a brush,stirring stick,caliber cleaning spray, and enough paint for way more the 4 calibers...you can buy it at auto zone

So what I'M A NEWBIE

Comment

I'd go with dark red !! they'd look awesome.. I just did mine in red, will post pix soon

Comment

Duplicolor red kit from autozone for $17

2006 GT, GTP Ulra-Bright Wheels, GTP Exhaust, Painted dual lower valence, Middle mirrors, Bottom rocker panels, Red Calipers, GM Strut Bar, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, G6 all weather floor mats, Debadged, Chrome lower grill accents and Chrome shift knob
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645473

JUST ARRIVE: CRAB INTAKE!!!

Comment

i'd go with a bright red...i would already have done it on mine but due to the color of the car i dont think it would look good...

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Originally posted by Val06SS
                          i'd go with a bright red...i would already have done it on mine but due to the color of the car i dont think it would look good...
                          funny you say that. i just picked up the duplicolor red kit, i'll post pics and let ya know how it comes out

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Working...
                          X