Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to "hide" stains on your ultra brite GTP rims....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to "hide" stains on your ultra brite GTP rims....

okay so I was washing and detailing the car over the weekend and I noticed I had some stains on my ultra brite 18inch GTP rims. Unfortunately I bought the rims used and my dealer knows it, so no chance at getting them covered under warrenty. The stains weren't real bad or anything. It just kinda annoyed me though. So I was detailing the black plastic trim on my bumper and door sills with the black magic tire shine. I use the gel type tire shine on my plastic bumper and door pan(?) trim and then I use the foam type tire shine to clean up my wheel wells. So I thought, why not try the gel type tire shine on the surface of the spokes on my rims. So I ran the applicator over the rims, waited a few minutes and then wiped it off! And presto! the stains on my rims were hidden from my eyesight. Its like the gel type tire shine just sorta "waxed" my rims. I even washed my car a day later and the stuff was still on my rims hiding the stains even after a power washing. I'm really amazed at how well it worked. Plus it seems to have applied some sort of wax type coating to my rims, cause now water just beads up on the spokes and runs right off.

Here is the black magic tire shine product I used.

It also seemed to have brightened up my rims, cause now they look noticeably shinyier. I don't have any pics of it cause I put my car back into storage though.

Re: how to "hide" stains on your ultra brite GTP rims....

You could also just wax your rims.

Comment

Or you could just use polish and remove the stains.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
        Or you could just use polish and remove the stains.
        I have tried to polish them, doesn't work. The stain is in the actual ultra brite finish. I usually wax them though. I just found this to be an easier fix.

Comment

Well the finish on the rim is just polished with CC over it, and it's more than likely in the CC it'll just take more work and more aggressive formulas to get out the defect than normal paint on your car.

Comment

Working...
          X