Rear view rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear view rattle

I'm sure that I am not the only one that has a problem with the rear view mirror falling as the bass hits...any suggestions on how to fix it?
    Black G6 Coupe GTP
    Pioneer Head Unit. 2 Audiobahn 12s. 400W Phoenix Gold Amp.
    15% tint
    Doc Speed Air Box

in a lot of them there is a screw on the underside of the mirror. if these do not have one i am not sure. there must be some way of tightening though.

Comment

Haven't noticed any problems on mine yet.
      ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Seriously, there is no "real answer." It is the nature of the beast... Apparently you have an after market system! Black electrical tape can help, glue, etc...

John
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i disagree with that. the mirror in my truck has never once come loose or angled down. it would vibrate like hell with my old system, but it never changed the position permanently.

Comment

I had this problem in my eclipse. I just dealt with it. But if you want i would suggest alligning it to where you want it and put a little drop of super glue or something like that. I would definitely just do enough to hold it in position. By only placing a little drop it should be enough to keep it from rattling out of position but weak enough that you could pop it loose. Ive seen it done, but be cautious it could turn into a sticky situation
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

does sound a little sticky...i think i'm just going to deal with it
              Black G6 Coupe GTP
              Pioneer Head Unit. 2 Audiobahn 12s. 400W Phoenix Gold Amp.
              15% tint
              Doc Speed Air Box

Comment

I had the same exact problem with my G6 when I first got my system installed, so I took it to the dealer and they replaced the screw, and I have'nt had a problem since.
                Granite 06' G6 sedan w/ 20" chrome velocity wheels & 2- 12" MA Audio subs. I will post a pic pretty soon.

Comment

If there is a screw just put a little bit of locktite on it and tighten it up.

Comment

Yea so I've pretty much given up on trying to look out of my rear view mirror. If I try....all I see is a big vibrating blur of light. I guess my system is just that good haha. joke.
                    -Amanda
                    2006 G6 GT
                    "The G Spot" lol
                    loaded and all that good stuff (-onstar and XM)
                    Sirius Sportster Replay
                    2 Alpine 12's, Alpine Amp....yea I'm cool.

Comment

not that you can see anything out of the back of these things anyway

you have to just sorta hope
                      Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I know right? The G6ers have SO MANY blind spots...
                        maybe thats just because I ride like a gangsta though? I don't know.
                        -Amanda
                        2006 G6 GT
                        "The G Spot" lol
                        loaded and all that good stuff (-onstar and XM)
                        Sirius Sportster Replay
                        2 Alpine 12's, Alpine Amp....yea I'm cool.

Comment

reminds me of when i first got the car... i was driving along and my rear view mirror looked like it was gonna fall off.. then i turned a corner and it fell off and wailed me in my leg

I was pissed, but come to find out it wasn't put back on all the way when the window tinters took it off!! I would have been mad if I had to take a trip up to the stealership like 2 weeks after I got my brand new car

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

My side mirror rattles as the bass hits. I just shoved foam tape. As for the rear view mirror. No clue. Consider changing it possibly that can be tightened?
                            2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Re: Rear view rattle

Originally posted by CoastalG6
                              I'm sure that I am not the only one that has a problem with the rear view mirror falling as the bass hits...any suggestions on how to fix it?
                              I have noticed when it is warm the mirror will drop no matter what but tightening the star key screw will do wonderes. I haven't had any problems lately with mine dropping and I am always bumping. If you hear a little rattle on the inside of the mirror as well you can fill the mirror with silicone.
                              Originally posted by Nikki
                              You are an e-pimp.
                              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                              I tried too, my penis way too big
                              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                              X