so...LEDs in the headlamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so...LEDs in the headlamps

A buddy of mine's friend came down and we went out to the bar last night. Well, anyway...he had blue led's in his headlamps. When the alarm was activated, one of them on each side would blink slowly. He could also turn them all on and the entire lamp area on both sides would light up blue...it looked bad ass. Then I got to thinking...our cars with the headlamps lit up red would look bad ass. I wonder how hard it'd be to put red LEDs in there and have them come on when you remote start the car and turn off when you turn the key and the lights come on. Any ideas? I thought it'd look cheezy before I actually saw it and I'm thinking red would look great...especially with my red interior bulbs.

My last two cars I had LEDs in my headlights hooked up to my alarm. Not sure how you could get the LEDs to work off the stock remote starter though.
    06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

Interesting idea, I've seen it done on some cars and they do look nice.

Comment

I had blue LEDs in my Cougar's headlamps. Not hard to do at all. With the G6 you can mount them onto that plastic piece in the headlamp, the one that people paint.

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

That looks pimp.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
            I had blue LEDs in my Cougar's headlamps. Not hard to do at all. With the G6 you can mount them onto that plastic piece in the headlamp, the one that people paint.

Mounting them is one issue. Wiring is another. Best case scenario, i'd want them to come on when I remote start my car. I have it set so my headlights don't come on when I start it...then I'd like them to go off when I put the key in the ignition and turn the key. Do you think that or something like that would be possible? By the way, I"ve seen your Cougar before...that baby was bangin'!

Comment

that is real nice looking but cant do that in cali. u will get a ticket for those, no foward facing light can be red or blue. there for emergancy vhiecles only, got pulled over for having the window washer sparyer blue

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                that is real nice looking but cant do that in cali. u will get a ticket for those, no foward facing light can be red or blue. there for emergancy vhiecles only, got pulled over for having the window washer sparyer blue
                haha. Are you joking? It's illegal to have this in probably every state. The trick is not getting caught All of the neons on that car were hooked to a switch. I too have been pulled over for the washer LEDs as well as summoned to court for a neon light bar in the front of the car. Not fun.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  haha. Are you joking? It's illegal to have this in probably every state. The trick is not getting caught All of the neons on that car were hooked to a switch. I too have been pulled over for the washer LEDs as well as summoned to court for a neon light bar in the front of the car. Not fun.
                  yep...full underbody kit, washer neons, behind the grill, under the dash, in the cargo area shining on my system...i have been there too. never been summonsed to court or anything. everytime i got pulled over i just said "but officer i thought they were only illegal if they were strobing?" and i was damn lucky and got off.

Comment

Re: so...LEDs in the headlamps

Originally posted by noRulez
                    A buddy of mine's friend came down and we went out to the bar last night. Well, anyway...he had blue led's in his headlamps. When the alarm was activated, one of them on each side would blink slowly. He could also turn them all on and the entire lamp area on both sides would light up blue...it looked bad ass. Then I got to thinking...our cars with the headlamps lit up red would look bad ass. I wonder how hard it'd be to put red LEDs in there and have them come on when you remote start the car and turn off when you turn the key and the lights come on. Any ideas? I thought it'd look cheezy before I actually saw it and I'm thinking red would look great...especially with my red interior bulbs.
                    I was on the net a ran across this, not sure if this will help but this is a wiring kit to remote turn-on your led and there is one for pulsating when parked. check it out hope itll work
                    http://autolumination.com/flash.html

Comment

Working...
                    X