OnStar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnStar

I did a search but couldn't find much info about this...

does anyone know if you can use OnStar as a bluetooth system?? I know you can purchase minutes and talk that way, but if I have a bluetooth phone and I get a call while in the car, can I set the system up to automatically mute the radio and then answer the call? hearing the caller over the radio speakers and talking to them through the OnStar microphone?

I believe that I read somewhere a while ago, that if you have on-star but not active; you can purchase a kit that will wire a system into it, that will allow cell phones to work as the on-star did. Not sure bout the blue tooth design though. Be intresting to find the final answer to that!
    '06 G6 GT Coup, Fusion Orange, 5spd auto w 4 spd manual slap, 50% Tint front 80% rear...... more to come!

Comment

I've had OnStar in several vehicles and I have never seen anything about it being Bluetooth compatible, wish it were though. If you have Verizon cell service you can get a monthly package that allows you to use your minutes interchangeably between your cell and the OnStar system. From what I remember it's kind of pricey though.
      Justin

Stealth Gray 2005 G6 GT Sedan - new owner so I'm figuring out what mods to start with.

Comment

I don't think it would be worth it in the end, I'm pretty sure there isn't really anything available to do that. But it would be interesting to know more about.

Comment

My dealer told me if you have a version 5 or later onstar that you can use the Verizon minutes interchangably between the onstar and the cell phone. When you are in the car, the onstar will ring if your cell gets a call.

Comment

I have version 5 but I've never heard anything about it.
            Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

Working...
            X