Tint lens or yellow bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint lens or yellow bulbs?

how would i get the fogs tinted yellow buy a film? or just get yellow bulbs.?..

either or would work. i have a friend who used a yellow paint product to paint the foglights on his neon and they came out awesome. with the paint or the tint you will see the yellow all the time though, with the bulbs you will really only notice it when the lights are on, so it depends on the look you are going for.

Comment

I'd just get the bulbs, they would work a lot better in the end than film.

Comment

I would think due to the placement and style of our lights.. by the time you bought the tint, got it to lay flat and whatnot.. you could spend about $30ish and buy the bulbs and be done with it!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
          Plus wouldn't the heat from the bulbs be bad for the film? I've never tried anything like this.
          ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Some will, so even adding that into the equation would just be better to get bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
              Originally posted by Interfire
              Plus wouldn't the heat from the bulbs be bad for the film? I've never tried anything like this.
              i wouldn't think so, the stuff is designed to be used as headlight tint/coloring so i think it can hold up to whatever temps the outside of the fog light housing would see....althought it would also be ravaged by bugs, stones, and road debris so if doing the inside isn't a possibility i am not sure how long it will look decent.

Comment

are you looking for just yellow light, or an actual yellow foglight? These are two different things. If you buy the tint the foglight housings are gonna be yellow all the time. But with the bulbs, you won't notice it until you turn them on.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Some of the cheaper stuff doesn't hold up as well. By the time you do everything it would have been easier to change the bulbs, well for the fogs I mean. Plus it sounds like you want it for lighting performance so you might as well just get the bulbs. I doubt you'd want yellow for looks.

Comment

get bulbs and kill 2 birds with 1 stone...remove the resonator to make it easier to install the fogs
                    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I still have to do that one of these days.

Comment

yea im just stick to the bulbs. but what brand to choose?.

Comment

everyone will probably say nokya

Comment

I know I will!
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Not many options, go with whatever you can find in a good name.

Comment

Working...
                              X