Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Clean auto-dry PRO system.

Quick review on this system:

I started washing the car at 8am, before the sun was beating down on the paint, so results may vary.

This system is easy to use:

1. Spray car down with water, use optional jet spray for stubborn grime/dirt.
    2. Spray car down in sections with soap. Use included wash mit to wash off car.
    3. Spray soap off with water.
    4. Switch to de-ionized filtered water and spray off whole car.
    5. Allow car to dry naturally.

I have a BLACK GTP and there was no water spots whatsoever! I've seen reviews where people say that there is still water spots, but I imagine that they are still washing their cars in the sun. I have no water spots, and my car looks as good as the day I bought it.

I will be picking up my ZAINO stuff today or tomorrow, hopefully, so there should be a review of that up soon.

Update: I have stopped using the Mr. Clean system for a couple of reasons.

1. The damned filter needs to be replaced every three washes. That's expensive.
    2. The damned soap that they sell needs to be replaced quite often.
    3. The sprayer for ionized water started spraying a steady stream like a squirt gun, vs. a spread out arc.

So I'd say overall, that this system is NOT worth the money.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

The refill filters are expensive aren't they?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
      The refill filters are expensive aren't they?
      $9 from Canadian Tire, I think. When you consider that you can use them for 5-10 washes, that's really not all that expensive.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Not too bad. I still prefer to use the leaf blower to dry the car... No water spots when coupled with a water blade first and Microfiber/chamois to finish!

John

P.S. Nice review!
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I use it all the time and I think it does a good job. When you start to get spots its time to change the filter.

Comment

i bought mine last summer and used it a few times in the sun like a moron and even then the water spots were few and hard to find. i think it does a great job.
            2005 Granite Metallic G6
            ~Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!~

Originally posted by disposablehero
            Dear diary .... Jackpot. Geegady geegady gee.

Comment

Glad you got good results from Mr. Clean Pro kit. I had it and it didnt work for me. But it might have been the REALLY hard water I had at my old house. Maybe Ill give it another shot.
              Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

I had some water spots when I did mine too. But I was in a real hurry so I'm not voting the system out yet. I just figured it'd be good for wash/rinses when I don't have the time or patience to detail the car. :P
                ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

How was the pressure from it.

Comment

Pressure was alright, no power washer by any means. Probably about the same as you get with a normal spray gun. Very little pressure when you switch to the deionized water, but that's to be expected.
                    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Yes the Hard water would have had some effect on the performance. The time you take on spraying it down with the "de-ionized filtered water" makes or breaks they whole wash... I mean if you don't take your time on that portion of the wash it makes the whole wash worthless.

Question: Has anyone tried putting other soap in instead of the Mr. Clean soap? I am curious if it wouldn't work like they say. Or if it is just a ploy to get you to buy there soap again and again and again.

Comment

i haven't head of an alternative soap, but you can get similar results to the "self drying" process if you just add Jet Dry to a bucket of rinse water. it modifies the water's surface tension and allows it to fall off the car more easily like it does with dishes.

Comment

I have it.. but its not the newer version.. I got it when it first came out.. I believe they changed it somehow recently? Or maybe it just came with more goodies than when I bought it.. anyways.. I wasn't too happy with the results.. I still had massive water spots on my car when i was done.. i also had a black car, so ANYTHING shows on that color.. but i guess it really didn't matter cuz I spray waxed the heck out of it after every wash anyways

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

The Pro version comes with the same gun but just has a fancy plastic carring case and a mit to clean with

Comment

haha yea.. i thought it wasn't anything major!! i wanna fancy case

even though it just sits in my basement hahaha

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Working...
                              X