Gum on Floor Mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gum on Floor Mat

I must have stepped on gum and got it on my shoe, and it transferred directly to my floor mat.

So to get rid of it I picked some of the gum away, no freezing necessary.
    Then i used a product named "Goof Off". (NOT "Goo Gone") Its safe for fabrics and within 5-10 seconds of rubbing the carpet there was no gum at all left. The one drawback to this is, the smell. Its quite strong so think twice about doing it to an actual carpet in your car and not just a floor mat you can take out to air out. But make sure you can air it out if you have to, then use Febreeze or something.
    Black '06 G6 GTP Coupe - Stock for now!

That sucks, glad you got it off though. I was actually thinking of getting some nicer floor mats for mine. I think the stock ones are pretty cheap looking, almost like they're used or old.
    ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

good deal, ill have to keep this in mind :smoke:
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

My son stepped in tar and freakin sat in the middle of the back seat. No mats on the hump. So tar all over the carpet, He even got it in the crack by the cup holder on the console. I was sooo pissed. He never sits there and the day he does he makes a mess. I used mineral sperits. Came out pretty good and the smell was gon in a few min. Still have the new car smell. I love that smell. Don't know why.
        Originally posted by Nikki
        You are an e-pimp.
        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
        I tried too, my penis way too big
        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I would love to find some Vinyl Pontiac G6 floor mats. I mean the ones that actually say Pontiac G6 in the same color as my car
          "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

The premium mats say Pontiac G6 on them, the all weather ones. You can get them from your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
              The premium mats say Pontiac G6 on them, the all weather ones. You can get them from your dealer.
              Are you talking about the all weather ones, or is there something else?
              ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

I have a leather burning gun, and was actually thinking of getting a nice piece of black leather and burning the G6 emblem into the leather and laying them on the floors.

I think it would look awesome
                Originally posted by Kman
                'Ghetto Booty' + Jules = My, My ,My

Comment

^ Do some for me too!

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by AeonPurdue
                    Originally posted by Interfire
                    Are you talking about the all weather ones, or is there something else?
                    I have the all weather mats and I love them. Keeps all the crap from getting on the carpet. But moonsketcher's idea sounds awesome too. You might be able to make a little business out of it. If you do Im right behind TLS on the list!
                    Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

Yeah Julie if you do that you gotta post pics! Sounds cool.

Comment

I also have the all weather mats, BTW. I took them out today and switched back to the carpet ones. I think the carpet looks nicer.

I think that pfyc.com sells some emroidered mats for the G6.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I'm definitely going to get the all-weathers, but I'll probably wait till closer to winter.

Comment

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?S ... Code=G6INT
                            Premium Rubber

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?S ... Code=G6INT
                            Premium Carpet
                            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Has anyone bought those premiums? They look real nice, but damn... $109?

Comment

Working...
                              X