Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummmm .. Help ... VMS Tune Problems

Hey all,

I got my tune in today ... I'm having a major problem though. I didn't have to do a key re-learn (no security light) and the car fired right up ... I went to the gas station and filled up with 94. I try to start the car ... nothing .... try again ... nothing. I tried doing the key re-learn procedure ... no change. I pulled the ecm fuse and managed to get it started and home ... but as soon as I shut it off it won't start again ...

Need some help

Ideas ?
    sigpic

Re: Ummmm .. Help ... VMS Tune Problems

any lights on or anything?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

first off. whats with all the problems with ppl's tunes? anyway. unfortunatley i have no real idea of what you should do, but reinstall the old ECM and see if it works. if it does then put the VMS ECM back in and do the key relearn, and see if it works. or you may just want to try and disconnect the battery once just to see if it may work. or you may have a dead battery. but then that would be weird that it started out in the first place.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

no lights other than the check engine light from having no case learn done yet ... and the battery is fine .. it's starts the car no prob once I pull the fuse out and put it back in .. it's weird
        sigpic

Comment

its unlikly but possible that for somereason not having the crank relearn could be doing it other then that im not totally sure

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Well, im not sure. But i would take the 6 over to Advance Auto or somewhere else that will read your codes. Might be more codes then just for the t-case...
            Im sure Chris will step in here soon!
            Kyle
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

i thought you had to do the key re-learn no matter what

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
              Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
              Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
              -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

if you search for it I am sure that you will find that the f40's need a clutch sensor relearn also or something very similar to that. Anyhow it makes starting the car alot harder but I don't remember the particulars.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

great ... anyone got the procedure for that ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry, looks like you need to go to a dealership. Service manual indicates a Tech2 is required for the Clutch Pedal Position Sensor Learn procedure.
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by 06 6SPD
                      You need a Tech 2 or a Dash Hawk for it.
                      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                      Forge Motorsports BPV
                      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

well .. I pulled the ECM again ... let it sit for 20 mins ... and it seems to be fixed ... I think .. I started and stopped it about 5 times ... and it was ok .. so we'll see ...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                          Originally posted by 06 6SPD
                          You need a Tech 2 or a Dash Hawk for it.
                          No. You need a Tech 2. Dashhawk CAN NOT do the clutch sensor relearn thing or whatever it's called for the F40. It can only do the Crank Sensor Relearn on the Automatic trannys. To the dealer he has to go I think.
                          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                          2005 CGM GTO.
                          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Yup its clutch pedal position relearn, its hit or miss some need it some dont.
                            Chris White
                            http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                            2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                            2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                            2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                            2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                            2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

so that is probably what nikkis problem was too

Comment

Working...
                              X